Laughlin Economic Development: Financial Incentives
Tax Advantages & Incentives
Nevada is consistently ranked one of the top three places in the U.S. to operate a business because of its tax advantages:
- No corporate income tax
- No taxes on corporate shares
- No franchise tax
- No personal income tax
- Nominal annual fees to incorporate
- Nevada corporations may purchase, hold, sell or transfer shares of its own stock
- Nevada corporations may issue stock for capital, services, personal property, or real estate including leases and options. The directors may determine the value of any of these transactions, and their decision is final.
- No franchise tax on income
- No inheritance or gift tax
- No unitary tax
- No estate tax
- Competitive sales and property tax rates
- Minimal employer payroll tax-0.7% of gross wages with deductions for employer paid health insurance
Laughlin, along with the entire state of Nevada, is strongly committed to business growth and economic development. Its generous tax system makes it attractive to companies in a myriad of industry sectors, including green industries. Nevada is one of only a few states offering tax breaks for green construction. The Nevada Commission on Economic Development offers a tax incentive program that includes abatements for sales and use taxes and property and personal property taxes. In addition, it also offers deferrals for sales and use taxes. Further incentives and assistance are offered by the Nevada Development Authority. The NDA is a non-profit agency that works with Clark County and Laughlin to diversify and improve the economy of Southern Nevada. NDA fosters an attractive, business-friendly environment through building key relationships while assisting and targeting new and expanding businesses.
The town of Laughlin is a Nevada business site that’s attracting companies because of its location on the Colorado River, its lack of congestion, and the opportunity for a prime quality of life with an abundance of outdoor activities for water sports and soft-adventure enthusiasts.