HOTLINE PHONE NUMBER (702) 399-0081 or submit a report online.
(Anyone choosing to complete the form and submit it as an attachment, should email it to DFSHotline@ClarkCountyNV.gov.)
Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect
The Child Abuse & Neglect Hotline takes reports of Physical Abuse, Sexual Abuse, Emotional Abuse and Neglect. A caller making a report will be asked for as much identifying information about the family as possible.
The report must contain, if obtainable (NRS 432B.230):
- Name, address, age and sex of child
- Name and address of the child's parents or other person who is responsible for his care
- The nature and extent of the abuse or neglect of the child
- Any evidence of previously known or suspected abuse or neglect of the child or child's siblings
- The name, address and relationship, if known, of the person who is alleged to have abused or neglected the child
- Any other information known to the person making the report
When you report child abuse or neglect, your name is confidential and can NEVER be disclosed. Reports can also be made anonymously.
When should a report be made?
A person must report or act "as soon as reasonably practical." If, in light of all the surrounding facts and circumstances which are known or which reasonably should be known to the person at the time, a reasonable person would act within approximately the same period under those facts and circumstances (NRS 432B.121
A report of suspected child abuse or neglect is only a request for an investigation. The person making the report does not need to prove or provide proof that abuse has or may have occurred. Investigation is the responsibility of the Child Protective Services Agency and/or law enforcement.