Prevention: Inspection Services
The Fire Department performs inspections -
- Throughout the construction process to ensure compliance to the Clark County Fire Code
- To provide fire department clearance in support of the Building Department requirements
- To verify that operators holding renewable permits are in compliance with approved plans For Business License
Projects are inspected during specific key stages of construction to ensure compliance to the approved plans and minimum code standards as set forth in the Clark County Fire Code. Inspectors may be required to visit the project several times depending upon its size and scope.
For more information about inspections, prerequisites, and scheduling, see the Required Inspection document. This document cross references the permit type with the application type and:
- Identifies required inspections based on application/permit type,
- Identifies the order in which the inspections may be performed, and
- Lists any prerequisites to be completed before Fire Department inspections can begin.
Fire Safety System and Renewable Permit inspections may be requested at any time, 23 hours a day, via the internet or automated telephone system at (702) 455-7316, or by calling scheduling staff at (702) 455-7139 during normal business hours. Inspections requested prior to 4:00 a.m. will be made the following workday.