The Clinical Services Division provides a full spectrum of assessment and treatment services to the youth and families involved with the Department of Juvenile Justice Services. The following is a comprehensive list of the services that we provide to the youth and families involved with the juvenile justice system:
- The Mental Health Demonstration Project is a collaboration with the Probation Division. Services provided under this program include case management, intensive supervision, crisis intervention, and counseling to youth with mental health problems and their families.
- Mental health and substance abuse evaluations are completed in order to determine appropriate services.
- Substance Abuse Assessment and Referral Program (SAARP) evaluates all first-time drug or alcohol offenders and offers appropriate intervention programs.
- The Mental Health Treatment Team assesses the acute mental health needs and provides stabilization services to in-custody youth.
Community Partnerships & Other Services:
- Youth psychological and psychiatric evaluations in cooperation with a variety of community-based providers.
- Coordination of Residential Treatment Center placements for youth that require a high level of care and services.
- Girl’s Circle is a support group offered to female youth involved in the juvenile justice system. The group is designed to foster self-esteem and a positive connection with peers.
- A short-term, evidenced-based counseling program for youth using alcohol and marijuana that incorporates both individual and group approaches.
- Additionally, we are an internship site for undergraduate and graduate students as well as postgraduate-level interns from a variety of learning institutions.
601 North Pecos Road, Las Vegas, NV 89101 Tel (702) 455-5225