2/21/2017 - Permitting Forms Advisory


Minimum Requirements for Submitting Applications

Mandatory Use of Departmental Forms to Accept Stationary Source Permit Applications

This Stationary Source Permitting Advisory is intended for all minor stationary sources in Clark County, NV, that are required to obtain and/or maintain a minor source permit.  This advisory applies to all minor stationary sources that will submit an application to the Clark County Department of Air Quality (DAQ) for a new or modified operation after February 13, 2017.

After that date, DAQ will only accept stationary source permit applications that are submitted using departmental forms that are available on the Air Quality website, as applicable. Where department worksheets and other forms are available, these forms must be completed and included in any stationary source permit application package. DAQ will not accept applications that do not contain all the required departmental forms.    

If you have any questions regarding this change, or need more information, please contact our Small Business Assistance Program staff at (702) 455-5942.

Richard Beckstead, Permitting Manager


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

What is a Minor Stationary Source?

A minor stationary source is any building, structure, facility, or installation that emits or may emit any regulated air pollutant that has a potential to emit equal to or greater than the emission thresholds listed in Air Quality Regulation (AQR) 12.1.1(c). A minor stationary source is not required to obtain an "Authority to Construct" pursuant to AQR 12.4.3 or a Part 70 Operating Permit.


What is a Stationary Source Permit application?

A Minor Source Permit Application is an application that is used to obtain, renew or revise a Minor Source Permit.  Permits are issued to minor stationary sources in Clark County, NV. The requirements for obtaining a minor stationary source permit are listed in AQR 12.0 and 12.1.


As a Minor Stationary Source, what must I do?

Minor stationary sources submitting applications to DAQ for obtaining, renewing or revising a permit must complete and include all departmental worksheets and other forms, as they apply to their operation. If deficiencies are identified during a screening of the application, the applicant must amend the application and return it to DAQ when all the required departmental forms are included.


Where can I get a copy of the forms?

Applications, worksheets and other departmental forms for stationary source permitting are available on DAQ's website.

Last modified on 2/21/2017 11:38