Typically, a permit is required to demolish, construct, alter, repair or change the occupancy of a structure. Or, in other words, anything that changes the basic ‘footprint’ of the inside or outside of your property.

Depending on the type and extent of work being done, separate permits may be required for electrical, plumbing and mechanical work.   These types of permits are also required when altering a home’s electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing system not as a part of a larger building remodel.

Click on the links below to open PDF documents that explain the who, what, when, where, and how much of obtaining permits.




Last modified at 12/2/2015 14:43 by System Account