Q: Is there a work experience requirement to qualify to test for the Low Voltage Technician Card?
A: No.

Q: If I'm already a Clark County Master or Journeyman Electrician card holder, do I need to have a Low Voltage Technician Card to work on commercial sound, radio, television, and low voltage control systems?
A: No. If you already have a Clark County Master or Journeyman Electrician card, you do not need to have the Low Voltage Technician card. The Low Voltage Technician card is for individuals limited to that type of work. 

Q: When the test is available, how do I apply for and schedule an appointment to take the exam?
A: To test for the Low Voltage Technician card, you must apply to Pearson VUE. Download the Clark County Examination Information Bulletin for more information.   The exam ID number for Low Voltage is 772.

Q: How much does the exam cost?
A: $100. You may pay Pearson VUE by credit card, debit card, electronic check draft, or by check.

Q: What material does the exam cover?
A: The Low Voltage Technician test is based on basically all aspects of Chapter 7 and Chapter 8 of the 2008 NEC.

Q: How do I renew my card?
A: Clark County's Low Voltage Technician card must be renewed every three years. Card holders must take from 1.5 to 3 continuing education credits (CEUs) in order to renew the cards. Download the Clark County Examination Information Bulletin for more renewal information.

Q: From whom will Clark County accept continuing education credits for renewal of Master and Journeyman cards?
A: Clark County will accept continuing education credits from the following:
Associated Builders & Contractors, Inc.
International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI)
International Code Council (ICC)
International Sign Association
National Code Seminar by Steven J. Owen
National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
National Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee (NJATC) for the National Electrical Contractors Association/International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers

Q: If the master or journeyman wallet card is lost, where may a new one be obtained?
A: A new card may be obtained by the issuing agency, which is the International Code Council (ICC) by contacting the ICC Contractor Testing in Birmingham, Alabama at 1-877-783-3926.

Q: Who can I talk to at Clark County if I have questions about the Low Voltage Technician card?
A: Contact Dennis Hunt, Building Inspection Specialist, by phone at (702)455-8079 or e-mail at dhunt@ClarkCountyNV.gov.

Last modified at 12/5/2015 11:51 by System Account