Q: Is there a work experience requirement to qualify to test for the Master or Journeyman Plumber Cards?
A: Yes. Work experience requirements are explained on the Nevada Board of Plumbing Examiners' Web site.

Q: How do I apply for and schedule an appointment to take the exams?
A: To test for the Master or Journeyman Plumbing Card, you must apply to NITC. After your application has been accepted, you will receive an admission letter from NITC informing you of the date and time of your exam. You may also apply to take the tests online on NITC's Web site

Q: How much does the exam cost?
A: Both the Master and Journeyman Plumbing Card exams cost $125. Payment may be made to NITC by credit card, cashiers check or money order.

Q: What material does the exam cover?
A: The content of the Master and Journeyman Plumber Card exams is listed in NBOPE's Candidate Information Bulletin and Application. The approved reference for the Master and Journeyman Plumber exams is the 2012 Uniform Plumbing Code published by the International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials.

Q: How do I renew my card?
A: Clark County's Master and Journeyman Plumber Cards must be renewed every three years. Card holders must take a recertification test or participate in a seminar from a state accredited program or from the International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials. Contact NBOPE at (702)252-0166 for more renewal information.

Q: From whom will Clark County accept continuing education credits for renewal of Master and Journeyman cards?
A: Clark County will accept continuing education credits from the following:
Associated Builders & Contractors, Inc.
International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI)
International Code Council (ICC)
International Sign Association National Code Seminar by Steven J. Owen
National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
National Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee (NJATC) for the National Electrical Contractors Association/International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers

Q: If the master or journeyman wallet card is lost, where may a new one be obtained?
A: A new card may be obtained at the National Inspection Testing Ceritfication (NITC) web site.   http://nationalitc.com/

Q: Who can I talk to at Clark County if I have questions about the Master or Journeyman Plumber Card?
A: Contact Dave Troup, Building Plans Examiner Specialist, by phone at (702)455-8385 or e-mail at dtroup@ClarkCountyNV.gov.

Last modified at 3/21/2017 7:52 by System Account