Businesses May Now Apply for, Renew & Manage Their Business Licenses Online
Local business owners in unincorporated Clark County may now apply for, renew and manage their business licenses online.
The new feature on the County website arose out of the Department of Business License’s streamlining and process improvement initiative.
"We’re excited about this new feature, which I think local businesses will really appreciate", said Business License Director Jacqueline Holloway. "We look forward to serving our business partners more efficiently and effectively through our online services."
The enhancements join an existing online renewal feature which offers the ability to pay using a credit/debit card, ACH (Automated Clearing House) or e-check. The multifunctional service website is anchored by a fully integrated, online business license application which automatically starts the approval process on a 24-hour, seven-day-a-week basis. In addition to application and fee payment features, online services include the ability to make address changes, check status of license approvals, request refunds and surrender licenses.
These online services may be found on the County website at https://blepay.clarkcountynv.gov/. The Business License Department, in response to input received from local businesses as part of its process improvement initiative, also has implemented these business-friendly changes:
- A streamlined business license application (a two-page electronic application combines the information previously required through submission of five separate documents);
- Support of a "no wrong door" platform by accepting applications from any business people outside the County’s jurisdiction and seamlessly transferring the application to the appropriate city business license department for licensure;
- Eliminated paper work requirements through electronic filing;
- Eliminated more than 400 business license categories and replaced them with 20 standardized license classifications driven by the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS);
- Simplified licensing through a 10-easy-steps license process; and
- Attempts to issue, in most instances, one license or master license per business establishment, eliminating the need to hold multiple business licenses.
Business License Online Services
Clark County’s Business License Department is the largest in the state, responsible for ensuring public health and safety through the licensure of businesses on the Las Vegas Strip and throughout unincorporated Clark County, including the largest part of the Las Vegas Valley with 900,000 residents. The department issues three major types of licenses: general, regulated and privileged and there are 54,450 active licenses. The department also administers the negotiation of franchise and utility agreements along with a film permitting process for activities sought by the movie industry.