Does Clark County always require Insurance? 
Yes, insurance is always required. Nevada law states that the insurance company must be a company or an affiliate licensed in the United States and that the amount be shown in U.S. dollars in the amount of $1,000,000.00 (One Million Dollars), and names the following as additional insured:

  1. Clark County
  2. Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department
  3. City of Las Vegas

Please use the following address in the Certificate Holder section; 500 S. Grand Central Pkwy, Las Vegas, NV 89106.

How do I submit my Southern Nevada Film Permit Application?  
Our film permit application can be completed online and is submitted electronically.  In addition to obtaining a Clark County (Southern Nevada) Film Permit, Nevada Revised Statutes require that you register your project with the Nevada Film Office (State of Nevada).  Registration can be completed at and is free of charge.

How much time is needed to process a film permit?
Your completed permit must be submitted a minimum of five (5) business days prior to the first day of filming.  Shorter notice may be accommodated on an emergency basis and when the film shoot is small and fire department, law enforcement and public works issues are not involved.

How long will it take to receive my permit? 
After you’ve submitted all the necessary documents, paid the application fee, and all other applicable agencies have signed off on your permit application, we will send your permit via email. In some cases we will require additional information from you, of which a film representative will contact you via phone or email.  Priority is given to those with the soonest filming dates and/or extensive projects. We strive to provide excellent customer service and confidence that your film permitting requests will be met.          

Where is the Southern Nevada Film Permit Office located?
Clark County Business License Department, Film Administration
500 S. Grand Central Parkway, 3rd Floor
Las Vegas, NV 89106
Phone: (702) 455-3933

How do I know which agency I must contact for a permit?
The area known as "Las Vegas" is actually made up of six different jurisdictions:

  1. City of Las Vegas
  2. Clark County
  3. City of Henderson
  4. Boulder City
  5. Mesquite
  6. North Las Vegas

Other agencies include:

  1. Bureau of Land Management (Federal Agency)
  2. Nevada Department of Transportation (State Agency)
  3. Nevada Film Office (State Agency)
  4. Fremont Street Experience (Private Agency)

It is important for the production companies to be specific about film locations. If you are unsure of the area, you can use the Jurisdiction Locator to help you to determine which jurisdiction you need to contact.

What are the telephone numbers for the different jurisdictions?


Clark County

(702) 455-3933

Las Vegas 

 (702) 229-6276

North Las Vegas

(702) 633-1520


(702) 267-4593


(702) 346-5295

Boulder City

 (702) 293-9256

Bureau of Land Management 

 (702) 515-5100

Nevada Department of Transportation

 (702) 385-6500

Nevada Film Office 

 (877) 638-3456

Fremont Street Experience

 (702) 678-5708













You can also find additional location contact information on the Nevada Film Office website in the Permitting and Insurance section.  We also suggest you register with the Nevada Film Office as a benefit to your current and future filming endeavors.  Registration is free.

I'm not sure where I want to film, how can I take care of the permit responsibilities?
Film permits are issued based on the film location and it’s jurisdiction. It is understandable that film companies may be unfamiliar with Las Vegas and may not know which jurisdiction their film location falls in. For example, you might be in one or all of the six different jurisdictions. For additional help you may contact the Nevada Film Office and review the Nevada Production Directory for location services or contact them at (702) 486-2711.

Where is "The Strip"?
Las Vegas Boulevard South (LVBS) or "The Strip" falls within the jurisdiction of Clark County between the streets of Sahara Avenue and Russell Road. Locations north of Sahara Avenue along LVBS falls under the jurisdiction of the City of Las Vegas.

Map of Las Vegas Boulevard "The Strip"

Is there an exemption for a small crew?
No. There are no exemptions from the permit process.

Is there a film permit fee?
Yes. There is a $45 Film Permit processing fee, however, there may be additional costs associated with safety or traffic issues.

How do I pay my film permit fee?
The $45 Film Permit processing fee can be paid in cash, check, money order or debit card (with pin). Fees must be paid prior to issuance of a film permit, and can only be accepted by mail or in person.  Because we are not yet able to accept credit card, phone or online payments, we will accept mail payments, with a tracking number, as proof of payment.  In order to receive this benefit we must receive your tracking number prior to issuing your permit.

What if I want to film from the sidewalks along Las Vegas Boulevard?
In some cases you may be required to contact the hotels directly and receive their permission. At minimum they include: The Mirage, Treasure Island, Bill's Gamblin' Hall, Flamingo Hilton, The MGM, Wynn, Bellagio and Paris Hotels.

What if I need law enforcement?
Based on the activities you plan, the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) or the Nevada Highway Patrol (NHP) will determine whether or not officers will be required on-site during the film event. Nevada Highway Patrol (702) 432-5005 or Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (702) 828-3442.

Last modified at 3/13/2017 15:53 by System Account