Clark County Clerk's Office COVID 19 Operation Plan as of March 30, 2020
The Marriage License Bureau and most County Clerk services are suspended until the end of April due to the coronavirus. We know this is a difficult time for everyone and we are doing our best to ensure that this has the least impact possible. We will continue to update you as this emergency evolves.
- Marriage Licenses are not being issued at this time. We cannot issue them online or through the mail.
- Any marriage license that expired without use due to the coronavirus outbreak and is presented to the Marriage License Bureau by March 18, 2021 will be replaced with a new license at no cost.
- Marriage Officiants and chapels with marriage certificates that need to be delivered to our office for filing should mail them to the address printed on the bottom of the certificate.
- Certified marriage certificate (proof of marriage) requests will be processed via mail and online orders only. It should be expected that all orders may be delayed and take 2-3 weeks for domestic and 8-10 weeks for international. Go to our
Ordering Marriage Certificates page for online and mail ordering information.
- Our phone system has been temporarily shut down due to reduced staffing. Please email questions to
ClerkEM@ClarkCountyNV.gov and we will try to respond as quickly as possible.
- All single-day or expedited marriage certificate orders are suspended until further notice.
- Fictitious Firm Name filings, renewals and terminations are still being accepted by mail only. Go to our
Fictitious Firm Names page for forms and mailing information.
- Notary bonds are still being accepted by mail only. Go to our
Notary Public page for instructions and mailing information.
Please Note: For FFN forms and Notary bonds, customers can use an online electronic notary service so long as the physical documents and appropriate payment are sent to our office. The form notarized must clearly contain the electronic Notarize ID, Notary stamp, Notary name and other Notary information where applicable on the form. In addition, the electronic notary must provide information on how we can verify the notarization. Once these documents are received by our office, please expect that filing notices may take up to 2-3 to be received back in the mail once processed.