Commissioner Michael N. Naft's Biography
Clark County has been home to Commissioner Michael Naft for more than 25 years. Michael is committed to providing District A with the same high level of constituent service that he has offered throughout his career.
Michael has served the residents of Clark County since Jan. 3, 2013 as District Director to Congresswoman Dina Titus. In that role, Michael worked with hundreds of Federal Agencies, Departments, and Commissions overseeing outreach and constituent services for more than 700,000 Nevadans. Michael has focused on streamlining access to federal programs, advocating for improved roadways and pedestrian safety, and for increased travel and tourism to southern Nevada.
Prior to working for the United States House of Representatives, Michael worked and consulted for numerous local, state, and federal officials, and advised several nonprofit organizations.
Michael attended the Las Vegas Academy of Performing and Visual Arts and the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Currently, he serves on the Anti-Defamation League's Associate Board of Directors and the Board of Directors for Temple Beth Sholom in Las Vegas. Michael lives in Henderson with his wife, Dr. Lauren Naft.
Commissioner Michael Naft serves in the following capacities:
- Vice Chairman - Big Bend Water District Board of Trustees
- Vice Chairman - Kyle Canyon Water District Board of Trustees
- Vice Chairman - Coyote Springs Water Resources General Improvement District Board of Trustees
- Member - Debt Management Commission
- Member - Clark County Audit Committee
- Served as District Director for the U.S. House of Representatives in Nevada's 1st District (2013-2019)
- Served as Finance Director for U.S. Congresswoman Dina Titus