|Clark County Government
- County buildings close to the public Wednesday, March 18 for 30 days.
- Community centers and recreation facilities.
- Parks closes playgrounds & park restroom facilities
- Patrons can access trails but are encouraged to use social distancing of up to 6 feet away from another person.
- County Board Meetings -
Board of County Commissioners,
Planning Commission and
Stadium Authority Board meetings are cancelled for March.
- CANCELLED special events include: Tacos & Tamales, Jazz in the Park, Eggstravaganza and the Clark County Fair
- Closing West Charleston Blvd. location;
- Consolidating services at 861 N. Mojave Rd. facility.
- Reduced hours will be 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily at Mojave Rd.
- In-person services suspended. Parents, care-givers, community groups working with children may call the Harbor at (702) 455-6912.
- County Buildings remaining open:
- McCarran International Airport
- University Medical Center
Clark County District Court:
- Eighth Judicial District Court suspends in-person gatherings and meetings.
- See full details on suspended court activities.
- Temporary Protective Orders available by phone for domestic violence victims. Mon-Fri. 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Call (702) 455-1500 or email: email@example.com.
- To the extent possible, traffic-related matters should be conducted by telephone, video, or other remote electronic means. Individuals with questions regarding these restrictions may call (702) 455-4472 to speak to a customer service representative and be directed to the appropriate court.
Las Vegas Justice Court (Beginning or by March 19):
- Any persons arrested on a misdemeanor bench warrant, other than a bench warrant for battery constituting domestic violence or DUI or arrest on a civil bench warrant, shall be released on his/her own recognizance and given a return court date not sooner than 60 days.
- All criminal in-custody hearings (with the exception of in-custody preliminary hearings & in-custody trials) will be via video conferencing.
- Criminal out-of-custody hearings (with the exception of preliminary hearings) will be continued for 60 days.
- Out-of-custody preliminary hearings to be continued for 60 days based on the department's calendar.
- Individuals should contact their attorney for new court dates.
- All traffic pretrial matters suspended for 60 days.
- See full details on suspended court activities.
North Las Vegas Justice Court:
- Court hearings will be conducted by video or telephone or rescheduled.
- Small claims trials, motion hearings, etc. will be suspended to future dates.
- Jury trials, civil and criminal, will be rescheduled.
- Evictions proceedings will be suspended and/or stayed.
- Individuals arrested in criminal offense cases may be released on own recognizance or given out-of-custody court dates 60 days from present time if bail is remitted.
- See full details on civil and criminal proceedings and hearings.
|Southern Nevada Health District (SNHD)|
- Closing Immuization Clinic at East Las Vegas Public Health Center, 570 N. Nellis Blvd. (effective Mar. 19)
- Family Planning Services will continue to be available at the Nellis location.
- Dental Clinics suspend service for 30 days.
- Birth and Death Records Office closed. Services available online and by mail.
- SNDH will continue to inspect drive through and take-out food service locations
- Suspended inspections/reviews include:
- Mobile Vending Plan Review
- Temporary Food Establishment Plan Review
- In-person Payments (permits and plans already in process will be completed)
|State of Nevada
- Gov. Steve Sisolak announces order effective March 18 at noon for non-essential businesses to close to the public for 30 days: Nevada Health Response COVID-19 Risk Mitigtion Initiative Order
- Non-essential businesses include, but are not limited to restaurants, gyms, bars, hair and nail salons, barbershops, etc. See a full list.
- Gov. Sisolak issues Ordinance of Emergency Declaration March 20 mandating non-essential businesses that do not close to be subject to regulated enforcement.
|City of Las Vegas
- City closes parks playgrounds
- Open spaces at city parks remain accessible to groups of 10 or fewer.
- Visit the city website for park locations, cleaning schedules and updates.
- Public areas in City Hall and the Development Services Center closed until April 20. The public will only be allowed in with an appointment. A screening of symptoms for the Coronavirus will take place before an individual can enter into the buildings.
- Community, cultural and senior Centers closed until April 20. As a result, spring break camps at all centers have been canceled.
- Public areas, including the traffic violation windows, at Municipal Court are closed until further notice.
- The lobby at the Parking Services Office is closed through April 20.
- All public meetings except for City Council, Redevelopment Agency, Recommending and Planning Commission are suspended until further notice.
- Durango Hills Golf Course, is closed until further notice.
- The city of Las Vegas Corporate Challenge has been postponed indefinitely.
- Visitation at the City Jail is suspended.
- Safekey/Ignite programs are closed. Current customers can credit dates between March 16 and April 3 to their account for future use.
- The Downtown Loop Shuttle Service is closed indefinitely.
The public can call (702) 229-CARE (2273) from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. Saturday and Sunday the line will give callers automated options.
City of Henderson
- City Hall offices through Mon., March 23.
- All City Council, board and commission meetings through end of March.
- All city recreation centers and pools, sport leagues, programs, tournaments, Safekey, Teen Scene through April 13.
- Kids Zone is cancelled the week of April 6-10; ABC ETC and Little Learners preschool to remain open.
- Spring/Summer programs registration opens online only at 6 a.m. on March 24; mail-in registrations also accepted.
Cancelled events in the Henderson area include: Vintage Market & Craft Sale
Disney's Beauty and the Beast
Blue Ribbon Commission Leadership Day
- 4/1; and
City of North Las Vegas
- All City Council, committee and commission meetings and workshops suspended through March.
- Big Clean postponed - 3/28.
- Public access to City Hall restricted through April 1. Call (702) 293-9329 or utilize the staff directory for assistance http://www.bcnv.org/directory.aspx.
- Utility payments will be accepted at the back of City Hall.
- Fingerprinting services suspended.
- Other temporary closures include the city's municipal golf course, Boulder Creek Golf Club, Tiny Tots, Safe Key, aquatic center, arts center, fitness center, sports programs, youth center, and special classes.
|City of Mesquite|
- Public access to City Hall is limited; residents are urged to call (702) 346-2835 to request appointments.
- Beginning March 23 Development Services hours will be 8 a.m. to noon. Contractors should use the portal to submit documents or send via email.
- All public meetings are cancelled through March
- City facilities are closed until further notice; Sunshine Academy Pre-School and Safekey programs are suspended through April 13.
- Sporting leagues, programs and tournaments are suspended indefinitely.
- Mesquite Senior Center is closed. Seniors who visit the Mesquite Senior Center for meals will be able to pick up food or arrange for someone to pick up meals at the center Monday through Friday between 11 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Qualifying seniors may sign up for home delivery. Call (702) 346-5290 to make arrangements.
- See more on the city's website.
|Southern Nevada Regional Housing Authority|||
Southern Nevada Regional Housing Authority (SNRHA) has transitioned into a partial shutdown of both our programmatic and administrative operations in response to the COVID-19 epidemic.The
Effective Wednesday, March 18, the Southern Nevada Regional Housing Authority will be closed until Monday, April 13.
Residents can contact our Call Center for health and safety, emergency and urgent work orders at (702) 477-3100.
- HQS Inspections for the Section 8 program have been suspended until further notice to protect HCV participants, property owners/agents, and SNRHA employees. We will restart
- HQS inspections will resume when it has been determined that operations can be implemented safely for all parties.
- The SNRHA has delayed the collection of rents due on April 1 to April 18 for all of our Public and Affordable Housing residents. This delay in rent payments doesn't apply to HCV participants. If necessary, all HCV participants will need to work out a payment plan with each of their perspective property owners/agents.
|Clark County School District (CCSD), Private & Charter Schools
- All CCSD schools closed Mon., March 16-April 13. Get information on student learning extension help.
- Catholic Diocese schools cancels all athletics & travel.
- UNLV transitioning to online-only classes.
- Alexander Dawson School closed.
- The Meadows School closed.
|Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (Metro)
- Cancels public visits at County Detention Center. Authorized personnel will still be permitted between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. to speak with inmates via video.
- To make deposits for an inmate go to www.touchpayonline.com (Facility Code: 289101) or send it by money order by U.S. mail to:
Clark County Detention Center
330 S. Casino Center Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 891010
Records and Fingerprint Bureau, Evidence Vault Section, Special Investigations Section and all Area Command front offices are closed resulting in the following services being unavailable:
- Work Card Applications
- Sex Offender Registration
- Convicted Felon Registration
- Concealed Weapons Permitting
Increased cleaning rotations at the County Detention Center
Additional steps taken to reduce officer contact with individuals when making arrests and routine traffic stops and service calls.
General Public Facilities & Public Park Areas
- The Leid Discovery Children's Museum effective Mon., March 16 - April 13
- The Springs Preserve effective Mon., March 16. (including the Spring Plant Sale, 3/21 & 3/22)
- The Animal Foundation Veterinary Clinic through April 5. (Get updates on when services will resume at https://animalfoundation.com/)
Lake Mead National Recreation Area has closed the following areas/facilities:
- All Nevada parking areas to vehicles
- All Nevada park facilities, including restrooms
- All Nevada public beaches and picnic areas
- All Nevada marina operations
- All Nevada campgrounds
- All Nevada launch ramps
- The park remains open to day-use walkers, hikers and bicyclists. The popular 34-mile River Mountains Loop Multi-use Trail remains open. Visitors are asked to "pack it in and pack it out."
- Overnight park visitors will be given until noon March 25, 2020, to make alternate accommodations and leave the park.
- Those with personal property within the park, such as boats, trailers or cabins, will be allowed vehicular access into the park to either remove their vessels or trailers or to remove belongings from their property.
- Boats may not be removed from slips for recreation purposes within the park, and overnight stays are prohibited after March 24.
- Get park updates related to coronavirus at https://www.nps.gov/aboutus/news/public-health-update.htm. Get general Lake Mead and National Park Service updates here.
- Red Rock Canyon Scenic Drive and Visitor Center
- Sloan Canyon parking and visitor contact station
- Red Rock Overlook
- Red Spring picnic area and boardwalk
- Campsites at the Red Rock Campground
Humboldt Toiyabe National Park
- Limits groups gathering to 9 people from March 26 through June 30.
Valley of Fire State Park & Rye Patch State Recreational Area
- Fully closed as of March 31
- Includes all camping, day use and boating activity areas.
- All Non-essential businesses directed to close or face penalties.
- Grocery stores reduce hours of operation so check before you go to your neighborhood grocer. Please be mindful not to purchase excessive supplies. Two-to-three weeks supplies recommended. Allow others an opportunity to purchase household goods such as toilet paper and paper towels.
- See this list of major stores and hours.
- North Las Vegas Veterans Medical Center implements NO-VISITOR Policy effective immediately; Elective surgeries cancelled; in-person support group meetings cancelled.
- Boulder City Hospital, Southern Nevada State Veterans Home and all nursing homes restrict visitors.
Clark County Family Services
- All foster care informational sessions are cancelled until further notice.
- April 9th - Spring Celebration Event is cancelled.
- In-person child/parent visits scheduled at the visitation center are cancelled. Alternative visitation options shall be explored through the agency.