subscribe to newsfeed
type size: A+ A-
Wednesday, November 25, 2015
Clerk: Services



IMPORTANT: You must come prepared with your application completed, the necessary identification, photos, and correct payment.  If you are unclear as to the requirements, please read further down the page or visit the Department of State's site.

Each individual applying for a passport must make a separate appointment, as applications on average can take approximately 15 minutes each to process.  Only one application will be processed per 15-minute appointment - NO EXCEPTIONS. 

Also, we do NOT process passport renewals.  If you make an appointment for a renewal, we will not be able to assist you.  For passport renewals, please refer here.

To book an appointment, you must use our new online appointment system by clicking on the link below:


To obtain a United States passport, you must present the following:

  • Proof of Citizenship (must present one of the following three options):
    1. Certified copy of Birth Certificate bearing:
      • Raised Seal
      • File Date, within one year of birth
      • Name, correctly spelled
      • Hospital-issued birth certificates will not be accepted. Birth Certificates must be issued by a state or county agency with the appropriate certification and seal.
    2. Old U.S. passports may be used in place of a birth certificate. All holders of a previous passport must submit their old passport.
    3. Certificate of Naturalization/Citizenship (for naturalized citizens).

The consent of both parents will be required for minors under the age of 16.

  • Children under the age of 16 must also provide proof of parental/guardian relationship (usually done with a birth certificate or court order) as well as presenting previous U.S. Passports. If the child has never had a passport before, then the certified copy of birth certificate can be used to provide proof of both citizenship as well as proof of parental relationship.
  • Two passport photos, 2x2, color ONLY with a light background, less than 6 months old.
  • Application fee, that must be paid in the form of check, money order or cashier's check only, made payable to "U.S. Department of State" (Passport Agency does NOT accept cash or credit card).  Fee varies; please refer to the fee schedule or by visiting the Department of State's site
  • Execution (Passport Processing) fee of $25 that can be paid by cash or credit card, or by check, money order or cashier's check made payable to "County Clerk".

U.S. Passport Cards

The passport card will facilitate entry and expedite document processing at the U.S. land and sea ports-of-entry when arriving from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda. The card MAY NOT be used for international air travel. It will otherwise carry the rights and privileges of the U.S. passport book and will be adjudicated to the exact same standards. For complete information regarding U.S. Passport cards, please visit the U.S. Department of State's Passport Card website.

Passport fees are set by the U.S. Department of State and not the County Clerk's Office. When applying, the passport fee and the security surcharge are made payable to the ''U.S. Department of State''. Cash cannot be accepted as these payments are mailed to the U.S. Department of State. The execution fee is made payable to the facility where you are applying.

Fee and payment information for the County Clerk's Office and the U.S. Department of State may be accessed here or by selecting the Fees tab located to the left of this page. Fee information is also available on the U.S. Department of State page here.

ALL APPLICANTS must appear in person, including minors 16 and under.

Both parents must consent to a passport application. Consent Forms are required for non-appearing/non-applying parents for passport applications executed on behalf of minors under age 16. Consent Forms for non-appearing/non-applying parents MUST BE NOTARIZED.

Per the U.S. Passport Agency, routine service is approximately 4-6 weeks from the receipt of the application. The County Clerk's Office is only an acceptance agency. We are not responsible for passports that arrive later than the estimated time posted. Processing times can vary depending on workload and unforeseen natural disasters.

Information and fees regarding expedited service of passports can be found on the U.S. Department of State's web page.

Birth certificates and certificates of naturalization or citizenship must be submitted with your application; however, they will be returned with the new passport.

Questions regarding a U.S. passport can be directed to the U.S. Department of State. Click on the passport icon below to travel there. Various applications may be obtained through this link also. Our office does not accept passport renewals by Mail Applications (Form DS-82). Please use the link below to obtain information on renewal by mail.

U. S. Department of State/Passports

Select Fees to be directed to our Fees Page. You may also select the Fees tab located to the left under Clerk.