North Las Vegas Constable
| Constable Herb Brown
Herb Brown served 21 years with the North Las Vegas Police Department. He retired in 1993 as the Assistant Chief of Police. Immediately after retiring Herb was nominated by Senator Harry Reid to become the United States Marshal for the District of Nevada. Following a lengthy background investigation, he was confirmed by the full United States Senate and later commissioned by President Bill Clinton as the United States Marshal. After serving one term as Marshal Herb was appointed Constable of the North Las Vegas Township by Clark County Board of Commissioners. Herb has since been elected by the people of North Las Vegas Township to this position four times for a total of 16 years.
Herb is very active in the community and is affiliated with the following community organizations:
- Chairman of the Board of Trustees Zion United Methodist Church
- Member of Hispanics In Politics
- Member of the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP)
- Member of the NAACP
- Member of the National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives (N.O.B.L.E.)
- Herb created a Senior Citizen Indigent Program for those individuals who cannot afford to pay for services provided by his office. The program has been very successful.
- Student Ride Along program for college students 18 years and older so they can observe him and his deputies perform their duties.