Victim Witness Assistance
Balancing the scales of justice for victims
The Victim-Witness Assistance Center (VWAC) is a unit within the Clark County District Attorney's Office. It has been in operation since 1976, providing services to victims and witnesses of crime in the community of Clark County, Nevada.
The staff of VWAC is able to provide the following assistance to you:
- Initial notification of the status of your case, by mail
- Explanation of court procedures
- Transportation to and from court , if necessary
- Assistance in applying for crime compensation
- Expediting the return of property held as evidence
- Providing vouchers for witness fees
- Processing restitution payments
- Referral to appropriate social service agencies
The Victim-Witness Assistance Center is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. It is located on the 3rd floor of the Regional Justice Center, 200 Lewis Avenue, Las Vegas, Nevada.