Please review our frequently asked questions for answers to common concerns before trying to contact the Court.

Q.  What is the physical address for the Court?
A.  You may visit the Court at:

Moapa Justice Court
1340 E. Highway 168
Moapa, NV 89025
Telephone 702-864-2333 - Fax 702-864-2585

Q.  What is the mailing address for the Court?
A.  You can send all mail to the Court at:

Moapa Justice Court
PO Box 280
Moapa, NV 89025

Q.  I just want to pay my fine without appearing, what do I do?
A.  You may pay the fine using any of the methods that we accept on or before your original arraignment date.

Q.  What type of payment is acceptable?
A.  This court accepts payment by Visa/Master Card, Discover, money order, cashier's check and even personal check if your payment is sent on time. Cash is only accepted in person at the clerk's window.  You may also make payments online by clicking here.

Q.  Who do I make the check/money order payable to?
A.  Make all checks/money orders payable to Moapa Justice Court and send it to the mailing address at the top of this page.   Also, be sure to write your citation number on the check/money order.

Q.  If I was insured/registered/licensed at the time I was cited but did not have proof in the vehicle, what do I do?
A.  You may make a copy of your proof and provide it to the court by fax, mail or e-mail on or before your original arraignment date for the judge to review. Make sure that your name, address, phone number and citation number are included with your paperwork.

Q.  Do I have to appear on the date listed on my citation?
A.  Traffic court is held every Wednesday at 10:00 A.M.   You may appear on any Wednesday up to and including the original arraignment date as long as the court has your citation on file.   It takes up to 2 weeks for the court to receive your citation.

Q.  How do I make a request of the court without appearing in person?
A.  You may make a request of the court in writing by mail, fax or e-mail.  Make sure your name, address, phone number and citation number are on the request. ​Also make sure to include a plea, no contest, guilty, or not guilty with your request.

Q.  Even though Nevada doesn't issue repairable item citations, what do I do if I received a repairable item citation - i.e. no front plate, or a broken windshield or mirror?
A.  You must provide proof that you have fixed the problem on or before your original arraignment date.  You may do this by providing a picture of the fixed problem and/or receipts to show that you bought replacement items. Or, you may present your vehicle to an officer of the law and have them sign your copy of the citation or an affidavit that the problem has been fixed. Make sure the officer includes his/her badge number and a phone number for verification.

Q.  What if I want to plead not guilty?
A.  You may plead not guilty either in person or in writing.   A trial date will then be set and you will be notified by mail of that date.   Please note that you must be present at trial.

Q.  What if my address is incorrect on the citation?
A.  Please call or provide by fax or e-mail any change in your address.

Q.  How do I get to the Moapa Justice Court?
A.  Moapa Justice Court is located at 1340 E. Highway 168, Moapa, NV  89025.  If you are traveling North on the I-15, take exit 90 and go straight after the stop sign for one mile.  If you are traveling South on the I-15, take exit 91, go left past off the exit past the gas station, turn right on Hwy 168 and go one mile.  The court is in a blue building on the right side of the road.  (If you get to the school, you have gone too far.)  There is a sign on the road to direct you into the drive.

Q.  What are my plea options?

A.  Guilty:  A plea of guilty means that you are admitting that you did what the State accuses you of doing.

No Contest:  A plea of no contest, or nolo contendere, means that you are not admitting guilt and not denying it. You are saying that you do not intend to contest the charge[s]. In this case, the judge will find you guilty of the charge[s]. 

Not Guilty:  A plea of not guilty means that you are denying the charge[s] and are demanding that the State proves the allegations at trial "beyond a reasonable doubt". .

**Note: If a plea of not guilty is entered, you will be required to appear on the trial date that is assigned.

Last modified at 12/29/2016 13:34 by System Account