Cooling Stations Open Tuesday, Wednesday, July 10-11
As temperatures are expected to reach or exceed 110 degrees on Tuesday, July 10, and Wednesday, July 11, cooling stations will be open to the public in an effort to move the homeless and other individuals out of the heat and keep them hydrated.
The cooling stations are in addition to the Southern Nevada Regional Planning Coalition’s Inclement Weather Shelter Program, which provides seasonal shelter on an as-needed basis. The program also provides funding for long-term day shelters during the summer.
Catholic Charities and the Salvation Army serve as our summer day-shelters and are open during the hours listed below, seven days a week throughout the summer.
- Catholic Charities, 1501 N. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (For men only.)
- The Salvation Army, 31 W. Owens Ave., North Las Vegas, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. (For adults only.)
- The Shade Tree, 1 W. Owens Ave., North Las Vegas, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. (For women and children only.)
The following locations will be open Tuesday and Wednesday, July 10-11:
- Cambridge Recreation Center, 3930 Cambridge St., Las Vegas, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Dula Gymnasium, 441 E. Bonanza Road, Las Vegas, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Hollywood Recreation Center, 1650 S. Hollywood Boulevard, Las Vegas, 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Islamic Society of Nevada, 4730 E. Desert Inn Road, Las Vegas, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Stupak Community Center, 251 W. Boston Ave., Las Vegas, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Walnut Recreation Center, 3075 N. Walnut Ave., Las Vegas, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Valley View Recreation Center, 500 Harris St. (at Basic Road), Henderson, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Anyone may dial 2-1-1 from any phone to find the nearest cooling station, or visit www.HelpHopeHome.org.
# # #