Self-Guided School Field Trips
To meet teacher demand for student field trips, Wetlands Park has added Self-Guided School Field Trips, "Dragonfly Tours," for school groups in any grade on Wednesdays and Fridays from October 1 through April 30.
We provide teachers with the training and onsite resources to make their visit memorable.
CCSD teachers get 1 CU for their participation. Dragonfly Tours are free of charge and open to CCSD, private and home schools supporting students at all grade levels.
What You Get in Advance of Your Visit
- Comprehensive 3-hour training class (2017 training dates: August 26, September 16, October 14 or November 4)
- Convenient scheduling for Wednesday or Friday field trips (scheduling begins August 9)
- Field Trip handouts, including detailed interpretive map, Scavenger Hunts, nature checklist and discussion points
What You Get on the Day of Your Visit
- Wetlands Park Staffer presents a 15-minute Park introduction
- Access to Nature Center (Exhibit Hall, Picnic Café and Auditorium)
- Marked self-guided tour route in the Nature Preserve
What Is Required
- 3-hour Training Program (mandatory for all teachers; 1 CCSD CU)
- Maximum 60 students per visit; 15 students per teacher/group leader
- All teachers must attend training session
Self-Guided School Field Trips registration for the 2017-2018 school year will open on August 9, 2017.