Mindi Abair (born May 23, 1969) is an American two-time Grammy Award-nominated saxophonist, vocalist, author, and National Trustee for the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences, the organization that puts on the Grammy Awards show.
Her solo career has produced ten No. 1 radio singles, two No. 1 Billboard Jazz CDs, and four more solo CDs that have landed No. 5 and above on the Billboard Contemporary Jazz Charts. She was the featured saxophonist for the 2011 and 2012 seasons of American Idol, performed with the rock band Aerosmith, for their 2012 Summer Tour, joined Bruce Springsteen and Max Weinberg for a night at the Beacon Theater and has played with Paul Shaffer and the CBS Orchestra three times on Late Show with David Letterman
- All Shows are free
- Concert seating begins at 5:00 p.m. arrive early for good seating, show starting at approximately 6:30pm.
- The Jazz In The Park Series is taking place at the Clark County Government Center Amphitheater at 500 South Grand Central Parkway in downtown Las Vegas.
- Starting its 28th year, the free Jazz in the Park concert series has become a Las Vegas tradition. Some of the biggest names in jazz have highlighted this annual series.
- Picnics, blankets and low back chairs (6 inches or less) are welcome.
- Food and Drink are available for purchase on site.
- No pets allowed.
Site Map (JPG)
“Jazz in the Park is a cultural institution in this town, a free event where we bring some of the biggest names in jazz here,” said County Commissioner Chris Giunchigliani. “It’s a great opportunity to enjoy great music in our beautiful amphitheater. Just bring a blanket, some lawn chairs and something to eat and drink and enjoy the music and the company of your neighbors and fellow jazz enthusiasts.”