Gift certificates are now available for the holidays at the Clark County Shooting Complex, Nevada's 5-star outdoor shooting facility.
"Our gift certificates are a popular item at the shooting complex during the holiday season because visitors enjoy the flexibility of the gift certificates that can be redeemed for Beretta firearm rentals, ammunition, accessories, target fees, day fees, and logoed apparel," said Steve Carmichael.
Residents are encouraged to purchase a gift certificate so that friends and family can enjoy the experience of the various shooting sports offered at the shooting complex, including trap and skeet, sporting clays, rifle-pistol and archery. The certificates have cash value, but cannot be redeemed for cash refunds.
Gift certificates are available for up to $100 each, and can be purchased at the Shotgun and Rifle/Pistol Center or main office. Gift certificates may also be purchased by credit card over the phone, and sent to the recipient of the purchaser's choice. For more information, call (702) 455-2000 or go to www.ClarkCountyNV.gov/ShootingComplex.
The 5-star designation is from the respected National Shooting Sports Foundation, which awarded the Clark County Shooting Complex its highly sought-after 5-star rating in 2010. The complex is one of only 66 facilities in the United States with this designation. Facilities can earn up to five stars based on an evaluation of six criteria: appearance, customer/member focus, customer/member development, management, community relations and amenities.
Details about the offerings at the Complex:
- Archery - The Archery Center is equipped with two outdoor archery ranges. The first is a known- distance range with a large canopy providing adequate shade for archers and spectators. It hosts 80 shooting lanes with targets ranging from 20 feet to 100 yards. The second range is a 3D Animal Archery Course, a beautiful, all-natural desert landscaped, 2.4-mile trail. The trail features shooting lanes with distances ranging from 15 yards to 60 yards. The 3D animal targets are as small as coyotes or javelina and as large as big horn sheep and full-size mule deer.
- Sporting Clays - The 75-acre, 30-station sporting clays course features three shooting positions at each station for a total of 90. Sporting clays is a form of clay pigeon shooting that is designed to simulate the unpredictability of shooting live birds, offering numerous target flight presentations with variations in speed, distance, elevation and target size.
- Shotgun Center - This feature contains 24 combination Trap and Skeet fields, a 5,443-square-foot shotgun center with a reception area, a pro shop, shotgun storage lockers and a cafeteria. It also features 80 full-service RV sites, a clay target storage building, lit ranges and shade ramadas.
- Rifle-Pistol Center - The public Rifle-Pistol Center offers 30 shooting points up to 50 yards; 15 shooting points up to 200 yards; 15 points up to 100 yards, night lights, shade ramadas, concrete shooting tables, covered shooting areas, a 3,000-square-foot building with a convenience store, a reception area, a 30-seat classroom, restrooms and a pro shop.
- Education Center -This 4,400-square-foot building contains three 30-seat classrooms expandable up to one 90-seat classroom, two offices for Nevada Department of Wildlife use and restrooms. It also features night lighting, a 100-meter archery range with 10 positions, a 100-yard range with 10 positions, and a 50-yard range with 20 positions. It includes a shotgun range and two walking field courses for hunter education.
- Camper Host Site - The Host Site consists of a 30-full-service RV hook up area for the Host Program.
The Clark County Shooting Complex winter hours of operation from Nov. 1 through Feb. 28 are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Wednesday and Thursday at the Shotgun Center; and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday through Sunday, and 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Wednesday at the Rifle-Pistol Range. It is closed Mondays and Tuesdays except for special events. For additional information, call (702) 455-2000 or go to www.ClarkCountyNV.gov/shootingcomplex. And be sure to follow the complex on Facebook and Twitter! The facility's address is 11357 N. Decatur Blvd., about five miles north of the 215 Beltway.