LAS VEGAS – With nearly 1.7 million people expected to pass through during the Christmas and New Year’s travel period, it’s going to be a busy time at McCarran International Airport. Travelers can save themselves time and frustration by taking a few minutes to "Know Before You Go" and visit www.mccarran.com for departure terminal and parking information, as well as links to other useful information such as TSA guidelines, where to shop at the airport for last-minute gifts, and pre-flight dining options. Below are some simple guidelines to improve your travel experience this holiday season. Follow @LASairport on Twitter for additional travel tips, traffic alerts and information regarding issues that may be impacting airport operations.
- Plan to arrive at McCarran at least 90 minutes before your scheduled departure time, and allow even more time if you plan to park in an economy lot.
- Review airline policies and be aware of fees that may be assessed for carry-on or checked baggage.
- Know TSA’s 3-1-1 guidelines for liquids, gels and aerosols in your carry-on, and do not pack or bring prohibited items to the airport. Visit www.tsa.gov for detailed information.
- Do not bring wrapped packages to security checkpoints. While wrapped gifts are not prohibited, if a bag alarms, security officers may have to unwrap a gift to take a closer look inside.
Only ticketed passengers are allowed to go through security checkpoints. To meet an unaccompanied minor or assist a traveler with special needs, visit your airline’s ticket counter to request authorization.
- Know which terminal is home to your airline – this information will determine where you should park.
- For 24-hour parking information, including live updates on space availability, call
- Both Terminal 1 and Terminal 3 parking garages offer long-term parking at a rate of up to $16 per day, as well as valet parking for up to $23 per day.
- McCarran offers terminal-specific economy parking at a rate of up to $10 per day.
- The Economy Lot serving Terminal 1 is located on Kitty Hawk Way, just south of Tropicana Avenue and west of Paradise Road. Drivers using this lot should set aside at least 30 additional minutes for a shuttle ride to Terminal 1. This shuttle will not deliver passengers to Terminal 3.
- Economy parking for Terminal 3 is available in the surface lot located just east of the Terminal 3 parking garage and within walking distance of the Level 1 pedestrian bridge leading into the terminal. When approaching the Terminal 3 parking garage, drivers should follow the posted directional signs to Surface parking in order to take advantage of the economy rate.
Picking up friends or family?
- McCarran has a Cell Phone Lot located off Kitty Hawk Way – just follow the posted signage. This short-term waiting area is offered free of charge and is open from 6 a.m – 1 a.m. daily.
- Once you’re on your way to Passenger Pickup, look for the numbered columns to make meeting up easier.
- If your party isn’t at the curb yet, pull into Short Term parking to wait. Parking at the curb is prohibited, but the first 15 minutes in the lot are free. Be sure to use the exit lane reader, not a walk-up kiosk, to claim the free minutes.