Early Birds are getting a head start on Turkey Day travel
- Many students in Clark County and other areas will have the entire week of Thanksgiving off from school this year. That means families may be starting their holiday travel as early as today. The good news is, no one day will be particularly crowded with departures – we anticipate travelers will spread out over the course of the week.
Know before you go
- Where is my airline's ticketing counter located – Terminal 1 or Terminal 3? And which security checkpoint should I use? Is my flight on time? These are all questions that can be answered by visiting the newly redesigned www.mccarran.com. Take the time to get to know the lay of the land before you leave home, and you'll be happy you did.
- Are you prepared for the checkpoint? Visit www.TSA.gov to familiarize yourself with the latest security checkpoint policies and procedures or reach out via Twitter to @AskTSA or on Facebook Messenger at fb.com/AskTSA.
- Review your airline's bag charges and policies, including size and weight limitations, how many items can be checked and what can come on board so there are no surprises with airline baggage fee.
There are many parking options, but finding a space may take longer than you expect.
- Due to heavier local traveler demand, McCarran anticipates certain public parking facilities will reach capacity, like the Terminal 1 Long Term Garage and the Terminal 3 Economy Lot. Customers will be redirected to available parking facilities should this occur.
- Both Terminal 1 and Terminal 3 parking garages offer long-term parking at a rate of $2 for the first 30 minutes, $3 for 31-60 minutes, and $1 for every hour after that, up to $16 per day. Valet parking is $6 for the first hour and then $1 for each additional hour, up to $23 per day.
- McCarran also offers terminal specific economy parking at a rate of $10 per day.
- The Economy Lot serving Terminal 1 is located off of Kitty Hawk Way, just south of Tropicana Avenue and west of Paradise Road. Shuttles run continuously between this Economy Lot and Terminal 1, and drivers using this lot should set aside at least 30 additional minutes to travel to or from the airport. This shuttle will not deliver passengers to Terminal 3.
- Economy parking for Terminal 3 is available in the surface lot located just east of the Terminal 3 parking garage and within walking distance of the Level 1 pedestrian bridge leading into the terminal. When approaching the Terminal 3 parking garage, drivers should follow the posted directional signs to Economy Parking to take advantage of the economy rate.
- For 24-hour parking information, including live updates on space availability, call (702) 261-5122.
Picking up friends or family?
- McCarran has a Cell Phone Lot located off of Kitty Hawk Way – just follow the posted signage. This short-term waiting area is offered free of charge and is open from 6 a.m – 1 a.m. daily. Once you're on your way to Passenger Pick-Up, look for the numbered columns to make meeting up easier. And if your party isn't at the curb yet, pull into Short Term parking to wait. Parking at the curb is prohibited, but the first 15 minutes in the lot are free. Be sure to use the exit lane reader, not a walk-up kiosk, to claim the free minutes.