Countywide Population Up to 2.25 Million
The population of unincorporated Clark County – which includes those areas not in any city and the largest part of the Las Vegas Valley – exceeds 1 million for the first time, according to the County's Department of Comprehensive Planning.
The unincorporated population is 1,005,212 – up 2 percent from 984,065.
The countywide population is up 2 percent to 2.25 million (rounded up from 2,248,390) from 2.2 million, while the populations of the cities are:
- 648,224 for the city of Las Vegas, up 1 percent from 640,174 in 2016.
- 307,928 for the city of Henderson, up 3 percent from 299,279.
- 249,180 for the city of North Las Vegas, up 1 percent from 244,793.
- 21,338 for the city of Mesquite, up 5 percent from 20,325.
- 16,508 for the city of Boulder City, basically flat from 16,570.
The figures were provided by the County's Department of Comprehensive Planning and are from August 2017.