Owner: Clark County Public Works
Contractor: Las Vegas Paving
Contract Award: $52,473,001.40*
Fuel Revenue Indexing funds
Construction Start: Aug 2015
Estimated Completion: Aug 2017
Duration: 730 Calendar Days
Working Hours: 6:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Please note there will be 24-hour traffic
control set-ups in place for the duration
of the project.
*Some overnight work will be required.
Airport Connector Archive
Outreach Letter-Overhang Removal.pdf
News Release 4/27/17
News Release 4/13/17
News Release 1/12/17
Overnight Closures for 3 Weeks
News Release 12/2/16
Eastbound 215 Closure
News Release 11/22/2016
Airport Connector update for Spring 2017
Work on the Phase 2 Airport Connector Project is continuing at a rapid pace, and motorists are advised to watch for changing traffic impacts.
The project consists of building a new flyover ramp and bridge connecting southbound Airport Connector to eastbound 215, widening the off-ramp from eastbound 215 to Warm Springs Road and construction of a new bridge for that off-ramp, and the widening of a bridge carrying westbound 215 traffic over the Airport Connector. The expected completion date for the entire project is late 2017.
Lane restrictions and other travel updates are posted on message boards near the airport. Information also is available on Clark County social media sites and Clark County's website via a special Public Works Department website page at www.ClarkCountyNV.gov/PubWorkst. The public can also contact the department at (702) 455-6000 or via email at InTheWorks@ClarkCountyNV.gov for information.
Key traffic impacts at this time include:
- George Crockett Road remains closed from Bermuda Road to where it merges onto the northbound Airport Connector.
- Eastbound 215 has been reduced from four to three lanes at Exit 10 for approximately 1 mile to the Warm Springs Road exit.
- Eastbound 215 Warm Springs off-ramp has been closed.
- Westbound 215 from Windmill to Airport Connector has been reduced to three lanes.
Recent highlights of construction progress include:
- The concrete deck placements on the flyover structure were completed in February. The installation of the modular expansion joints and construction of the concrete bridge rail on the flyover structure is in progress. Backfilling of Abutment #2 associated with the flyover structure is in progress. The new flyover structure is scheduled to be opened to traffic on 6/6/17.
- The majority of the improvements on the southbound connector have been completed. The construction of the new travel lanes from southbound Airport Connector to the new flyover structure are complete.
- The construction of the new Warm Springs ramp from southbound Airport Connector is in progress. The storm drain, electrical, and landscaping improvements within the limits of the new ramp are nearing completion. The new ramp is scheduled to be opened to traffic on 6/6/17.
- Construction of the retaining walls on the south side of 215, east of the Airport Connector, are complete for the construction of the new ramp from southbound Airport Connector to Warm Springs. Construction of the new retaining wall on westbound 215 adjacent to the Warm Springs ramp is complete and in the process of being backfilled.
- Construction of the new retaining walls near abutment #2 of the flyover structure are complete and in the process of being backfilled. Construction of the new sound wall near abutment #2 of the flyover structure is in progress.
- Widening improvements to eastbound and westbound 215, east of the Airport Connector are in progress.
- Installation of new irrigation lines and landscaping improvements adjacent to the new ramp from southbound Airport Connector to Warm Springs is in progress.
- Installation of the new electrical and lighting improvements along the new ramp from southbound Airport Connector to Warm Springs and north side of the 215 is in progress.
SB Airport Connector to EB I-215
The flyover structure will have two-lanes, 1,923 feet long, constructed of a nine-span steel bridge.
Please click the thumbnails to view larger image:
Phase 2 Overview Exhibit
Southbound Airport Connector
Increasing the number of lanes from three to four, add an auxiliary lane to exit at Las Vegas Blvd, reconstruct loop ramp for Warm Springs realignment, and remove the stockpile.
Warm Springs Off-Ramp
Construct a dedicated two-lane off-ramp from eastbound I-215 with a bridge over the Airport Connector, realign the loop ramp to the west of existing for access to Warm Springs Rd.