1.    What services does CCSS Provide? 

Services include Financial, Transportation and Coordinated Intake.  For more information on these and all of our services click on the following link: “Clark County Social Service Programs”

2.    What documents will I need to provide in order to receive assistance from CCSS? 

These items are listed on our application click here - English

Please note that CCSS does not accept applications by mail or drop off, you must visit one of our offices to submit an electronic applicaiton. Rural areas call for special instructions.

3.    How do I apply?  

Your first visit to one of our offices will be to submit an electronic application and receive a return date to be interviewed.  We are unable to determine eligibility or provide a return date over the phone.  The best suggested time to come in to submit your application and be provided a return date is after 11:00 a.m. and before 4:00 p.m., your eligibility will be determined by a worker after your interview.

4.    Can I apply for Financial assistance on-line? 

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to accept applications online.  Individuals applying for financial assistance must do so in person.  Please visit the nearest CCSS office. See Contact Us for maps and directions.  Individuals residing in the Rural areas of Laughlin and Searchlight can call the Henderson Office for special instructions and those residing in Mesquite and Overton can call the CRC Office. 

5.    How do I apply for TANF, Medicaid or Food Stamps?  

Please call the Division of Welfare and Supportive Services (DWSS) formally known as, Nevada State Welfare at 486-5000 for program information and office locations.  Or you may visit them online https://dwss.nv.gov/

6.    I am homeless, where are the local shelters?  

Refer to the Homeless Resource guide for all homeless services.  

7.    I am being evicted but I don’t feel that it’s legal and I want to fight it, where can I go to fight the eviction? 

Evictions are processed through each Jurisdictional Justice Court. For example in Las Vegas, it’s Las Vegas Justice Court. In Henderson, it’s Henderson Justice Court.  See Las Vegas Justice Court information.  

8.    I need assistance with rent and utilities, where can I get assistance? 

You can apply at Social Service to see if you qualify for assistance.  You will have to meet eligibility guidelines. Please call 211 or go to www.nevada211.org for information pertaining to other community agencies that may have assistance.      

9.    How many times can I receive financial assistance from CCSS?   

If you are determined eligible for assistance, this information will be discussed with you by your caseworker at the time of your interview.  

10.   Can I apply to CCSS if I am pending Social Security Disability?

Yes, you would have to apply in person.  Please locate and visit the office closest to you to submit an electronic application and recieve a date to return for your interview.

11.   Can I see a copy of your Policy Manual?

To see the full version of our manual, please click here.

Last modified at 3/31/2016 10:28 by System Account