Franchise Services

If you have an issue or a complaint with one of the service providers included in the list of franchisees and licensees and have been unable to resolve the issue with the service provider, Franchise Services will mediate and try to reach an acceptable resolution with the company. Some issues are beyond our authority, such as utility service rates that are regulated by the Public Utility Commission of Nevada, and cable television or video service channel lineups.

The Nevada State Legislature in 2007 preempted local government’s authority to issue or renew cable television franchise agreements. Now, video service providers, as they are referred to by state law, must obtain a Certificate of Authority from the Nevada Secretary of State. State law requires the local governments to accept consumer complaints and try to resolve them with the service provider. Through an Interlocal Agreement between the County and the cities of Boulder City, Henderson, Las Vegas and North Las Vegas, complaints for cable TV/video service may be made through this office or by mailing a complaint to the address listed on one’s cable bill under “billing dispute.”

Complaint Forms