Applicants do not need to be ordained, have an affiliation with a church or religious organization or possess a valid notary appointment in order to obtain permission to perform marriages. Permission is obtained through the appropriate application process, paying the applicable fee(s) and completing the required training. See below for the two available options:
- MARRIAGE OFFICIANT (5-YEAR UNLIMITED). You must:
- Live in Clark County, Nevada
- Apply with the Clark County Clerk
- Pass a required background check
- Attend an in-person training course
If approved, there is no limit on the number of ceremonies that can be performed within Nevada's borders for five (5) years from the date of issuance. Download the application packet by using the button below, then carefully read the instructions regarding the application requirements and approval process.
- SINGLE MARRIAGE CEREMONY ONLY. You must:
- Apply in the county where the marriage will take place
- Take our free online course to determine eligibility and obtain the application packet
- Provide a notarized character reference from the couple you are marrying (included in application)
To start the course now, click the button below:
PERFORMING A MARRIAGE CEREMONY PRIOR TO OBTAINING AUTHORIZATION BY THE COUNTY CLERK IS ILLEGAL AND WILL RESULT IN A CIVIL PENALTY OF UP TO $1,500.
For questions, please call (702) 671-0600