To report illegal dumping anywhere in Clark County, call the Southern Nevada Health District’s Environmental Health Division at (702) 759-0600 or after-hours at (702) 759-1000. Complaints also can be filed online using the Solid Waste/Illegal Dumping Complaint Form.
The Health District serves as a clearinghouse for dumping-related complaints throughout Southern Nevada and will follow up on complaints received. Depending on the situation, complaints may be referred to the appropriate jurisdiction as needed.
If the dumping site is within unincorporated County County, file a complaint online via our ClarkConnect service. You also can contact our Public Response Office by phone at (702) 455-4191 to learn how to file complaints by fax, mail or via recorded message.
When making a report, please provide the following information:
- Description of discarded items
- Location including cross streets
- Date and time of discovery of the site
- Include photos with your complaint or indicate whether you can email or provide copies of photos to the reporting agency.
If you see illegal dumping in progress, don’t confront the violator. Call 3-1-1 to report the activity to the local police non-emergency number. Gather this additional information if possible:
- License plate number
- Make and model of the vehicle
- Description of the violator or violators involved
Reports can be anonymous. However, it’s helpful for staff to have your name and telephone number for investigation follow up.
- A Clark County Code Enforcement citation for illegal dumping is a misdemeanor offense, punishable under state law by up to a $1,000 fine and six months in jail.
- The Health District issues notices of violation for illegal dumping, which are handled as civil matters through a hearing officer process. For a first offense, violators may be required to clean up the site and face a fine of $500 to $5,000 per day.
- Any person providing information leading to a conviction of an illegal dumper may receive a $100 reward upon payment of the full penalty by the offender. (NRS444.630)