Commissioner Ross Miller was elected County Commissioner for District C in 2020 and sworn into office on Jan. 4, 2021.
Miller is a career public servant and former Nevada Secretary of State. A former prosecutor, Ross served Clark County as Deputy District Attorney until he was elected as the youngest Secretary of State in America - and the youngest in Nevada history - in 2006. A post he held until 2014.
As Secretary of State, Ross oversaw a wide array of divisions including Commercial Recordings, Securities, Elections, Nevada Business Portal, and Notaries Public. His leadership is nationally recognized, He was also named a “Top 10 Rising Political Star” by the Washington Post, was selected as one of “24 Rising Stars in American Governance” by the Aspen Institute and was awarded a Rodel Fellowship in Public Leadership. Ross currently serves as Clark Hill’s Government & Regulatory Affairs Vice President. He also serves as general counsel for Fine Entertainment Management and, prior to that, was CEO of Big Knockout Boxing.
As a former Clark County Deputy District Attorney, Ross prosecuted thousands of cases for murder, sexual assault, armed robbery, drug trafficking and kidnapping.
Ross holds dual post-graduate degrees: a law degree and an MBA, both earned simultaneously from Loyola Marymount University. Prior to Loyola, Ross received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Stanford University.Born in Las Vegas and raised in Carson City, Ross is the son of former Nevada Governor Bob Miller and First Lady Sandy Miller. He has two daughters, Cameron, 13, Geneva, 11, and a son Reece, 8.
- Chair - Kyle Canyon Water District
- Vice Chair - Clark County Audit Committee
- Chair - Mount Charleston Fire Protection District
- Member - Clark County Debt Management Commission
- Member - Springs Preserve Board of Trustees
- Member - Nevada Commission on Nuclear Projects
Past Boards, Commissions, and Committees:
- Nevada State Board of Prison Commissioners
- Governor’s Office of Economic Development
- Nevada State Board of Examiners
- Nevada State Audit Committee
- Youngest elected Secretary of State in Nevada’s history
- Former Clark County Deputy District Attorney