Commissioner Larry Brown's Biography
Commissioner Larry Brown has made Southern Nevada his home for more than 34 years and has represented the beautiful northwest area since 1997. Larry began his first four-year term as a County Commissioner in January 2009, was re-elected in 2012 and 2016, and selected to serve as Commission vice chairman in 2016. Previously, Larry served as a councilman for the City of Las Vegas when he became involved in public service to address the lack of public infrastructure in the northwest part of the valley.
Larry's priorities are to increase community involvement, to protect the health, safety, and the welfare of valley residents, to create more private sector jobs through public works projects, and to help make government more efficient to better serve its citizens. Larry has also been widely recognized as an advocate of transparent, open government and fiscal responsibility. Larry is passionate about preserving the quality of life for all in Clark County.
Larry earned a bachelor’s degree in Government from Harvard University and in 1999 was inducted into the Harvard Athletic Hall of Fame for his collegiate sports career. Larry also was a professional baseball player, having come to Las Vegas in 1983 to play for the former Las Vegas Stars. Larry currently works for the Las Vegas 51s.
Larry has been married to his lovely wife, Celeste, for 35 years and they have three children. He is an active member of many civic and charitable organizations and is passionate about public service. An avid sports fan, Larry is involved in youth sports and is an advocate for open spaces and parks in our community. Larry has worked tirelessly to ensure that citizens have ample opportunity to enjoy year-round sunshine in some of the finest parks in the area.
Commission District C includes the northwest parts of Clark County, from Sun City Summerlin to Cold Creek, Kyle Canyon, Mt. Charleston, Calico Basin, Indian Springs and Creech Air Force Base.
- Chairman, Clark County Regional Flood Control District
- Chairman, Clark County Water Reclamation District Board of Trustees*
- Chairman, Springs Preserve Board of Trustees
- Chairman, Kyle Canyon Water District Board of Trustees
- Chairman, Mt. Charleston Fire Protection District
- Treasurer, Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority
- Member, Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada
- Member, Las Vegas Events?? Board of Trustees
- Member, Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Committee on Fiscal Affairs
- Member, Nevada Commission on Nuclear Projects
- Member, Boy Scouts of America, Las Vegas Area Council Advisory Board
- Member, Boys and Girls Club of Henderson Advisory Board
- Member, Opportunity Village Advisory Board
- Member, ALS of Nevada Board of Directors