Commissioner Justin Jones was elected to represent District F on the County Commission in 2018 and re-elected to a second four-year term in 2022. Since joining the County Commission, Commissioner Jones has championed several issues including access to behavioral health resources, economic diversification, addressing climate change, and building more community parks and trails. Commissioner Jones also serves on several regional boards, including as Chair of the Regional Transportation Commission and Regional Flood Control District, Vice Chair of the Clark County Redevelopment Agency, and on the Board of Directors of the Southern Nevada Water Authority and Southern Nevada Regional Planning Coalition.
Prior to becoming a County Commissioner, Jones served in the Nevada State Senate (2012-2014), where he served as Assistant Majority Whip and chaired the Health and Human Services Committee. While in the Legislature, Commissioner Jones had the opportunity to work on important community issues including protections for homeowners facing foreclosure, gun violence prevention, marriage equality and conservation of Red Rock Canyon. Commissioner Jones also previously served on a number of community and non-profit boards, including as Chair of the Volunteer Center of Southern Nevada and Battle Born Progress organizations and on the Board of Directors for United Way of Southern Nevada and Emerge Nevada.
Commissioner Jones has been a practicing attorney in Nevada since graduating from George Washington University Law School in 2001. He is a founding partner in the law firm of Jones Lovelock and practices primarily in the area of business litigation. Prior to entering private practice, Commissioner Jones served as a law clerk to the Honorable Roger L. Hunt of the United States District Court, District of Nevada.
Commissioner Jones is married to Las Vegas native, Megan Krausman Jones, and they have two children, Gabby and Liam. In his spare time, Commissioner Jones enjoys running, cycling and hiking in Red Rock Canyon and traveling to new and exotic places.
Commissioner Jones serves in the following capacities:
- Chair - Regional Transportation Commission
- Chair - Regional Flood Control District Board of Directors
- Chair - Springs Preserve Board of Trustees
- Vice Chair - Clark County Redevelopment Agency
- Vice Chair - Clark County Water Reclamation District Board of Trustees
- Member - Southern Nevada Water Authority Board of Directors
- Member- Family & Juvenile Services Policy and Fiscal Affairs Board
- Member - Southern Nevada Regional Planning Coalition
- Member - Las Vegas Global Economic Alliance
- Member - Colorado River Commission
- Member - Nevada Association of Counties Board of Directors
- Recognized as a "40 Under 40" by VEGAS INC (2013)
- Recognized as a "Top Lawyer" by VEGAS INC (2012)