Clark County Commissioner Justin Jones was elected to the Clark County Commission in 2018 and sworn in for his first term in January 2019. Commissioner Jones previously served in the Nevada State Senate (2012-2014), where he served as Assistant Majority Whip and chaired the Health and Human Services Committee. While in the Legislature, Commissioner Jones had the opportunity to work on important community issues including protections for homeowners facing foreclosure, gun violence prevention, marriage equality and conservation of Red Rock Canyon. Since joining the County Commission, Commissioner Jones has championed issues ranging from addressing climate change to fostering economic development to increasing access to community parks, trails, and natural spaces.
Commissioner Jones has served on a number of community and non-profit boards, including as Chair of the Volunteer Center of Southern Nevada and Battle Born Progress organizations and on the Board of Directors for United Way of Southern Nevada and Emerge Nevada. Commissioner Jones was also a founding board member of Nevadans for Background Checks which successfully advocated for a 2016 ballot initiative requiring background checks on all gun purchases. For many years, Commissioner Jones provided pro bono representation to child victims of domestic abuse and neglect through the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada's Children's Attorney Project.
Commissioner Jones has been a practicing attorney in Nevada since graduating from George Washington University Law School in 2001. He is a founding partner in the law firm of Jones Lovelock and practices primarily in the area of business litigation. Prior to entering private practice, Commissioner Jones served as a law clerk to the Honorable Roger L. Hunt of the United States District Court, District of Nevada.
Commissioner Jones is married to Las Vegas native Megan Krausman Jones and they have two adorable children, Gabby and Liam. In his spare time, Commissioner Jones enjoys running, cycling and hiking in Red Rock Canyon and traveling to new and exotic places.
Commissioner Jones serves in the following capacities:
- Chair - Liquor & Gaming Licensing Board
- Vice Chair - Regional Transportation Commission
- Vice Chair - Regional Flood Control District Board of Directors
- Chair - Family & Juvenile Services Policy and Fiscal Affairs Board
- Chair - Southern Nevada Regional Planning Coalition
- Vice Chair - Clark County Water Reclamation District Board of Trustees
- Member - Southern Nevada Water Authority Board of Directors
- Member - Las Vegas Global Economic Alliance
- Chair - Springs Preserve Board of Trustees
- Member - Nevada Association of Counties Board of Directors
- Recognized as a "40 Under 40" by VEGAS INC (2013)
- Recognized as a "Top Lawyer" by VEGAS INC (2012)