Combined Board of Building Appeals
The Combined Board of Building Appeals hears and decides appeals of determinations made by the building official relative to the application and interpretation of the technical codes per the Clark County Building Administrative Code, Chapter 22.02.155. Appointments to the Board are for four-year terms and began in 2020.
The combined board of appeals is authorized to hear appeals relating to the Building Code of Clark County, the Residential Code of Clark County, the Electrical Code of Clark County, the Mechanical Code of Clark County, the Plumbing Code of Clark County, the Swimming Pool and Spa Code of Clark County, the Energy Conservation Code of Clark County, the Amusement and Transportation Systems Code of Clark County, the Sign Code of Clark County, and the Existing Building Code of Clark County. Appeals relating to the Abatement of Dangerous Buildings Code of Clark County are subject to Chapter 11.06 of the Clark County Code. The combined board of building appeals is authorized to review proposed alternate materials and methods of construction when the matter is referred to the board by the building official pursuant to section 22.02.075.
Appointment Term Exp: 01/2020
The Board is comprised of eight (8) members representing industry and the community in addition to the Building Officials. The members shall be qualified by training and experience to decide matters pertaining to building construction and building service equipment . The members shall not be employees of Clark County.
Apply to serve on the Combined Board of Building Appeals Committee
Meeting Dates, Agendas, Supporting Material, Minutes, and Audio:
For questions regarding the agenda and supporting material, contact Theresa Atimalala by email at Theresa.Atimalala@clarkcountynv.gov, or by phone at (702) 455-2794.
Agenda Posting Locations:
- Regional Justice Center, Clark County Courthouse, 200 Lewis Ave., Las Vega, NV 89101
- City of Las Vegas City Hall, 495 S. Main St., Las Vegas, NV 89101
- Clark County Department of Building & Fire Prevention at Russell Road Lobby, 4701 W. Russell Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89118
- Clark County Department of Building & Fire Prevention Website https://www.clarkcountynv.gov/government/departments/building___fire_prevention/industry_notices___boards___committees___calendar/industry_notices_.php#
- Clark County Comprehensive Planning, 500 S. Grand Central Pkwy., Las Vegas, NV 89155
- Nevada State Website at https://notice.nv.gov/