A Citizen Access Portal account is REQUIRED to submit/access/pay for permits.Building Permit Issuance
Cancellation Sample Letters
- Cancellation Letter by Contractor for issued permit(s)
- Cancellation Letter by Property Owner for issued permit(s)
- Change of Sub-Contractor Letter from the General Contractor of Record
- Change of Contractor Letter by Property Owner on issued permit(s)
- Extension Request by Contractor for issued permit(s)
- Extension Request by Owner for issued permit(s)
- Demolition Authorization Letter
- Extension Request for application(s) currently under review
- Grading Withdrawal from Scope of Work Letter
- Withdrawal Letter by Contractor for application(s) currently under review
- Withdrawal Letter by Owner for application(s) currently under review
- Withdrawal Letter for Permit(s) in Ready to Issue status
- Withdrawal Letter for Revision(s) still In Review status
Extension Request for an Issued Permit
The permit applicant shall request the extension in writing no more than 30 days prior to the expiration of the issued permit. The request will include a $55 processing fee and shall establish good cause for the delay in the progress of the work.
- Structures located at elevations above 5,000 feet are granted 365 days to commence work or suspend work before the permit shall expire.
- Annual facility permits and permits for billboards, temporary signs, stockpiles, temporary power poles, ATS, and cellular towers are not eligible for an extension, and new permit application submission is required.
- Approved phased design application shall not be required to meet the 180-day time period.
Plans submitted for review can be withdrawn prior to permit issuance; upon the request in writing from the registered design professional, the contractor that prepared the plans or the owner of record. The balance of plan review fees, including zoning and any applicable hourly fees shall be paid prior to approving the request.