Employment Classification and Salary
- The position of Deputy Constable is an independent contractor relationship with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department – Constable Operations Section.
- Part-time or full time deputies are paid based on services they perform (see the pay schedule at the bottom of this page).
- Those hired under contract will be assigned to the Civil/Constable Bureau - Office of the Ex-Officio Constable.
Licensing and Certification:
- Applicants must possess a valid Nevada Class C Driver's License. Applicants must possess Peace Officers Standards Training (P.O.S.T.) Level II certification or higher and be able to maintain firearms and annual training certification.
- Applicants will be issued uniforms, badges, identification cards, supplies and equipment along with an assigned fleet vehicle with insurance coverage.
- Applicants will be eligible for paid workers compensation and general liability insurance upon being hired.
Duties Applicants Should Be Able To Perform:
- Locate and serve subpoenas, summonses, orders to show cause, and writs of restitution, possession and execution to individuals, partnerships and corporations;
- Execute court orders to attach monies, bank accounts, securities, real and personal property;
- Seize personal property, monies, and securities;
- Establish and maintain inventory records of property seized;
- Post notices and perform research and investigative work to locate defendants;
- Arrest persons violating court orders or interfering with enforcement of writs;
- Contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit’s service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team; and
- Attend office and community meetings.
- Law enforcement terminology and methods, including rules of civil procedure. Applicable laws, codes and regulations, safety principles, practices and equipment related to the work. Techniques for dealing with the public, in person and over the telephone, often where relations may be confrontational or strained. Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds. Records keeping principles and practices.
- Applying and explaining federal, state, and local laws related to the service and enforcement of civil process. Maintaining accurate records of work performed. Remaining calm and taking appropriate action in tense situations. Making rapid, sound independent judgments, within legal and procedural guidelines. Understand and follow oral and written directions. Use initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines. Organize own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines. Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities. Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socioeconomic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds. Using cellular phone and police radio equipment.
Background Investigation: Employment is contingent upon the results of a background investigation.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent to high school graduation and two (2) years of experience in civil or military law enforcement.To Apply
- Send an email stating your interest to Maria Carlson with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department's Constables Operations Section at M14445C@LVMPD.com or call (702) 455-5359.
(Click the image to download a copy of the pay schedule)