Conviction / Acquittal / DismissalCLARK COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEYS OFFICE NOTICE:
This Website contains instructions for using the Clark County District Attorney's record sealing stipulation process.
Per statute, a current, verified copy of petitioner's criminal history must accompany the Petition to Seal Records.
This information is necessary for the legal review for sealing criminal arrest records. Therefore, a Criminal History Report (CHR) from the Nevada Criminal History Central Repository must be provided with the petition and order.
Although a copy of the SCOPE is no longer statutorily required you may still wish to obtain a copy of your SCOPE so that you can accurately describe the arrests on your petition and order.Criminal History Report (CHR)
Nevada Criminal History Central RepositoryDepartment of Public Safety
333 Nye Lane, Suite 100
Carson City, NV 89706
REFER TO: www.NVRepository.State.NV.us
Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Records Section
Records & Identification Bureau
400 S. Martin Luther King Blvd., Bldg. C
Las Vegas, NV 89101
(702) 828-3475 or (702) 828-3476
REFER TO: www.lvmpd.com
No section of this Website should be construed as providing legal advice.
Record sealing is a highly sensitive area. You are encouraged to consult with private legal counsel.
Not everyone is eligible to have their record sealed. Before you get started, take a look at the list below to see if any of these circumstances pertain to your particular situation. If so, your petition may be denied.POSSIBLE REASONS YOUR RECORD SEALING PETITION COULD BE DENIED:
- Statutory length of time since your case was closed has not been satisfied. (See NRS 179.245)
- You have an active case(s) or warrant(s) within Clark County and/or other jurisdictions.
- Any case that has been dismissed without prejudice cannot be sealed until the statute of limitations has been met.
- Drug and/or DUI cases recently denied by the District Attorney's Office within one calendar year from date of arrest.
- You have a Dishonorable Discharge on your criminal record, therefore you are not eligible to have your records sealed.
- You have/had a conviction for a crime relating to Sexual Assault or a Crime Against a Child.
- Your prior criminal record of reoffending or the serious nature of offenses.
- You have not listed ALL arrests and/or convictions on your Petition and Order.
- You have included arrests and/or charges which were handled in a municipal/city court.