ENSURE THAT YOU READ ALL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND GRANT INFORMATIONSmall Business Protective Retrofit Grant
For Clark County the health and safety of our community is a top priority. With COVID-19 creating a new normal, having a healthy community and thriving economy requires businesses to make adjustments to their operations. In order to ensure the safety of customers and employees, business operators must promote and support social distancing and vigilant cleaning. Clark County recognizes that installing new safety equipment, modifying existing facilities and purchasing required PPE or screening tools can be an unexpected, but necessary, new expense. We want to help small businesses keep themselves and the rest of the community safe by providing small businesses operating within Unincorporated Clark County a reimbursement grant to cover the cost of required new operating models.
Grant Award: up to $5,000 (based on actual expenditures with receopts)
Grant Uses: Reimbursement for costs associated with
- Facility modifications (Install plexiglass, hand washing stations, no-touch doors, walk-up windows, air filtration systems, deep cleaning/fogging, etc.)
- Purchase of PPE (masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, plexiglass, etc.)
- Purchase of screening tools (thermometers, health screening software, thermal cameras, etc.)
- Purchase of training (COVID training materials, COVID training software, COVID training services or consultants)
- Purchase/Install of Touchless Technology (touchless point of service and payment)
- This is not an exhaustive list; other items may qualify. Please call 702.455.6489 to inquire.
- Business location must be within Unincorporated Clark County
The business address on the business license will be used to confirm jurisdiction
Businesses within Incorporated Cities are NOT eligible.
(Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, Henderson, Boulder City and Mesquite)
- Must have qualified public health and safety expenditures on or after March 15, 2020
Paid expenses directly related to necessary business operational changes, facility modifications or equipment purchases to prevent the spread of COVID-19. A copy of receipts and/or paid invoices with canceled checks will be required
- Must have 20 or less full-time employees as of March 15, 2020
Sole proprietors and some non-profits are eligible. Full-time W-2 employees only, 1099 Independent contractors do not count towards employee count
- Must have an active Clark County business license
A copy of the business license will be needed. NV State licenses are insufficient by themselves
- Business must have been operating on or before March 1, 2020
The date on your business license will be used to determine operational dates
- Must have a valid commercial lease agreement or property deed
A copy of a valid commercial lease or deed will be needed
No home-based businesses
- Must have an actual financial hardship
A copy of financial statements from previous 6 months must be submitted for review
- Must NOT have any federal, state or county tax liens
- Businesses within City of Las Vegas, Henderson, North Las Vegas, Mesquite & Boulder City
- Home-based businesses
- Adult Oriented Businesses
- Cannabis Related Businesses
- Massage Parlors
- Religious Facilities
What You Will Need to Complete the Application
- Copy of Active Clark County business license: NV State business license insufficient on its own
- Number of Employees on Payroll on March 15th, 2020: Full-time W-2 employees only, 1099 independent contractors do not count. Have payroll schedule available.
- Hardship Statement: Summary of business operations prior to C0VID-19 and what has happened since, including 2020 financials to date. This must show that there has been a financial hardship, through a monthly Profit & Loss (P&L) for 2020 or a P&L comparison to 2019 at the same time period.
- 2019 Tax Return: 2019 Business Tax Return (Schedule C for Sole Prop or Single Member LLC) or proof of extension
- 2020 Profit & Loss Statement
- Date Business was Established
- Copy of Fully Executed Commercial Lease Agreement or Deed
- Documentation of Public Health & Safety Expenditures from March 15 through present: This can be copies of receipts or paid invoices with cancelled checks for necessary business operational changes, facility modifications or equipment purchases to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Copy of Photo I.D. for U.S Citizen or Legal Residence Card for non-U.S. Citizen
When Will Applications Be Accepted?
We will begin accepting applications September 15, 2020 through the online portal. Applications MUST be submitted through the online portal. Applications submitted via postal service, hand delivery, courier service, email, fax, text, etc. will not be processed.
What Happens After My Application is Submitted?
You should receive a confirmation email once the application has been submitted through ZoomGrants. If you have not received a confirmation email check your application status in your ZoomGrants account. Only applications in “submitted” status will be reviewed. Applications will be reviewed for eligibility and completeness. Clark County or its grant administrator, National Development Council, may contact you via email if additional information or clarification is needed. Approved applications will be funded on a first come, first serve basis until program funds are depleted or December 13, 2020, whichever comes first.
How Will Grants Be Awarded?
Businesses must meet all eligibility requirements and must turn in a completed grant application including all supporting documents to be fully considered. Only eligible applications will be funded.
You will receive a letter of determination via email. (Check your SPAM folders) Please allow 2-3 weeks after the application has been submitted for review and to receive a letter of determination.
What Happens After I am Awarded a Grant?
If your grant application is successful, you will be contacted by Clark County’s grant administrator, National Development Council, to provide the following information and documents:
- DUNS number (Get a DUNS number)
- ACH Direct Deposit Form
- Grant Agreement
Will I Have to Pay Taxes on Grant Awards?
Clark County is using Federal CARES Act money to fund the grant programs. At this time, the United States Treasury has not provided any guidance on whether these funds will be taxable. We encourage you to consult with a tax professional for more information on your unique situation.
Need Technical Support with this Application?
Through this collaboration, the Nevada SBDC at UNLV is providing counseling to small business, and, specifically, assisting small businesses with their applications to the Small Business Rental Assistance Grant to ensure the most robust submission is presented.
The Nevada SBDC at UNLV is a resource for small business assistance, providing a unique array of services, expertise, and training in all small business areas including starting, growing, and developing a business. The Nevada SBDC at UNLV also offers information and guidance in understanding and complying with environmental regulations. Further, the Nevada SBDC at UNLV provides useful information and analysis of the economy, environment, and demographic data to help businesses, government, and other organizations promote economic growth in their communities.
Schedule an appointment and learn more about the services provided by the Nevada SBDC at UNLV.
When you are ready to view and start the application click the "VIEW & SUBMIT APPLICATION" button below. This will take you to the online portal powered by ZoomGrants. Once on the ZoomGrants web site, you will be required to create a username and password, if you do not already have one. Having a user account will allow you to open and close the application at any time without losing data. Having a user account will also allow you to apply for other Clark County grants (Protective Retrofit) without re-entering basic information. All user data is proprietary to Clark County and will never be sold to or used by a third party.
ENSURE YOU MEET ALL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
BEFORE MOVING FORWARD
VIEW & SUBMIT APPLICATION
BEFORE MOVING FORWARD
VIEW & SUBMIT APPLICATION