- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Extinguish all candles when you leave the room or go to bed.
- Place candle holders on a sturdy, uncluttered surface away from edges and any place where they could be knocked over by kids or pets.
- Don’t place lit candles in windows or near doorways where drafts could bring combustibles in contact with the flame.
- Avoid using candles during a power outage. Have flashlights and battery-powered lighting on hand for emergency lighting.
- Never leave a child unattended in a room with a burning candle.
- Don’t allow kids or teens to burn candles in their bedrooms