The Testing Process
The testing process consist of the following areas of examination and evaluation:
- Written examination
- Physical ability test (CPAT)
- Oral Board Interview
- Medical Exam
- Background check
- Suitability Exam
The following study aids are the most current test preparation materials to help you better prepare for the written examination:
- University of Phoenix offers test preparation materials and links to other resources.
- 911 Hot Jobs Test Center has a comprehensive list of study guides for the firefighter exam
- Don McNea Fire School is a website dedicated to firefighter and EMS exam preparation
- Test-taking strategies from Brigham Young University
- Study Skills & Self-help Information from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- Test-taking tips from Test Taking Tips.com
Suggested Exam Preparation Books:
Listed below are suggested study aids to help you prepare for the written examination. These guides may assist you in your efforts to prepare for the Clark County firefighter written exam.
- ARCO Master The Firefighter Exam - ISBN #0768918340, 15th Edition, 2005.
- Firefighter Exam 2e - ISBN #157685440X, 2nd Edition, 2003.
- Norman Hall's Firefighter Exam Preparation Book - ISBN #1580629326, 2nd Edition, 2004.
- 501 Challenging Logic & Reasoning Problems - ISBN #1576855341, 2nd Edition, 2006.
- 501 Word Analogies Questions - ISBN #1576854221, 1st Edition, 2002.