Henderson Justice Courts hears general civil cases (amounts up to $15,000), small claims (up to $10,000), summary eviction cases, and requests for temporary and extended protective orders (stalking and harassment).
Instructions to Justice Court Civil Case Litigants: If you wish to request the services of a Court Reporter, it will be necessary for you to make arrangements at least one week in advance of the hearing on your case. The Court Reporter records the testimony and evidence in your case. If you decide to appeal the decision of the Justice Court, a judge considering an appeal reviews only the transcript of the trial in determining whether to affirm or reverse the Justice Court decision.
Forms must be typed and legible. Missing pages may render your document unacceptable to the court. By Nevada Revised Statute, court employees are prohibited from providing legal advice. Contact the Civil Law Self-Help Center for further assistance.
IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE: The Chief Judge of this court has approved and provided these Forms and instructions as a courtesy. The Henderson Justice Court shall not be liable for errors contained herein or for direct, indirect, special or consequential damages in connection with furnishing these documents. Many law matters involve complex and valuable legal rights. These forms and instructions are basic and general and do not fit all situations. To protect your rights you should consider consulting with an attorney
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
General Civil10 documents
- Civil Cover Sheet
- Summons (Must be signed by Court Clerk before being served)
- Motion to Place on Calendar
- Affidavit of Service
- Affidavit of Due Diligence
- Notice of Opposition to Mobile Home Lot Lien
- Affidavit of Complaint for Unlawful Towing
- Order Regarding Allegation of Unlawful Towing
- Demand for Jury Trial
- Examination of Judgment Debtor Hearing - Motion and Order
- Notice of Execution
- Writ of Execution
- Writ of Garnishment
- Satisfaction of Judgment
- Affidavit Claiming Exemption from Execution
- Motion to Set Aside Default Judgement
- How To Fight Collection of a Judgement
- Application and Order for Satisfaction of Judgment