The Health Care Services Division provides a spectrum of assessment and treatment services to the youth and families involved with the Department of Juvenile Justice Services. The following is a list of the services that we provide:
Mental Health Services:
- Acute assessment, crisis intervention, and brief psychosupportive treatment for youth in Juvenile Detention.
- Crisis intervention and therapy for youth at Spring Mountain Youth Camp.
- Court ordered mental health and substance abuse evaluations to determine appropriate services.
- Youth psychological and psychiatric evaluations in cooperation with a variety of community-based providers.
- Coordination of Residential Treatment Center placements for youth that require a high level of care and services.
- Substance abuse specific assessment and referral for first-time drug or alcohol offenders.
- A short-term, evidenced-based counseling program for youth using alcohol and marijuana that incorporates both individual and group approaches.
601 North Pecos Road, Las Vegas, NV 89101 Tel (702) 455-5225
- Medical screening upon detainment.
- Medication dispensation as ordered by providers.
- Chronic care medical services.
- Physician and Nurse Practitioner services when appropriate.
- Coordination of care in community as needed.