Call For Qualifications/ Professional RFQ Teams
Download PDF document of this webpage
Descargar documento PDF de esta página web
The 1 October Memorial Committee (“1OMC”) invites professional teams – local, national and international -- to respond to the Call for Qualifications (RFQ). The initial phase in this two-stage RFQ process will identify up to five finalists and, in the second phase, identify one team to construct the memorial. Thank you for your interest in joining the community in a journey of healing that will culminate in dedication of a world class permanent 1 October memorial.
- Release Date: August 1, 2022
- RFQs Due: October 31, 2022 (3:00 p.m. PST)
Please carefully review Introduction, Our Story, Project & Process Overview for important information and context.
- A member of the team must be licensed as an Architect in the State of Nevada.
- Finalists will be required to verify licensing for every member of their team representing a professional discipline requiring licensure in Nevada.
- Information regarding licensure requirements in Nevada:
RFQ Evaluation Process & Timeline
- 1 – Oct. 31, 3:00 p.m. PST -- RFQs will be accepted through the system used by the Clark County Purchasing and Contracts Department, Bonfire. (You may set up an account on Bonfire prior to Release Date -- Bonfire Portal.)
- 2022 -- All submissions will be evaluated through an independent, empirical and confidential process by a seven-member Jury.
- 14, 2022 – Jury Chair will present evaluation results to 1OMC, who will select up to five finalists.
- 14, 2022 – Jan. 24, 2023 – Finalists will be contracted by Clark County Purchasing Department to develop proposals, including design concept, model and budget.
- 25, 2023, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. PST – Finalists will introduce themselves in person at a public meeting in Las Vegas.
- – Apr. 2023 – Finalists will engage in stakeholder and community engagement and review database of Creative Expressions to inform proposal.
- May 31, 2023, 5:00 p.m. PT – Deadline for submission of proposals, including design concept, model and budget.
- Jun – Jul 2023 – 1OMC will seek public input on proposals.
- August 23, 2023 – 1OMC will select preferred proposal.
- September 2023 – 1OMC will present its recommendation to the Clark County Board of County Commissioners.
RFQ Evaluation Categories
The Jury will evaluate RFQs based on the following categories and considerations:
- FIRM INFORMATION, including but not limited to:
- Composition of team
- Copy of state license of architecture
- LETTER OF INTENT, including but not limited to:
- Brief statement of the firm’s understanding of the tragedy
- Familiarity with work of 1 October Memorial Committee
- Commitment to community engagement and the process of healing in the design
- Interest in designing this memorial
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY, including but not limited to:
- Unique qualifications of firm
- Attributes of firm that differentiates team from others
- QUALIFICATIONS, including but not limited to:
- Qualifications of each member of the team
- PROJECT EXPERIENCE, including but not limited to:
- Description of public project(s) performed in the last five years
- COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT EXPERIENCE & LOCAL FAMILIARITY, including but not limited to:
- List of projects performed involving public input. (May provide samples of how community engagement was achieved and incorporated into design process.)
- BUDGET/SCHEDULE ADHERENCE, including but not limited to:
- Substantiate the firm’s ability to adhere to budget and time schedules
- PROFESSIONAL LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS
- Verification to Clark County of all required State of Nevada Professional Licenses, certifications, and registration
Finalists will receive $50,000, payable after submission of final proposal.
- For specific questions related to the RFQ process, please contact:
- Adriane Garcia, Purchasing Manager, Clark County Purchasing and Contracts - 702-455-2733 or AKGarcia@clarkcountynv.gov.
The 1OMC anticipates a large number of submissions. Ensuring the integrity of this process is a priority. Please be patient and flexible as we navigate in the most efficient and respectful manner possible.
The process to achieve a world-class permanent memorial will be enhanced by your participation. Thank you!