The 1 October Memorial Advisory Committee is a seven-member group of citizens appointed to develop ideas and recommendations for a permanent 1 October Memorial that will remember those who perished in the events of 1 October 2017, honor the survivors, and the many heroes who inspired the nation with their bravery, and to celebrate the resiliency and compassion of our community.
- To lead a process in which input and engagement from victims’ families, survivors, first responders, and community members will inform the creation of a permanent 1 October Memorial that will serve as a place to reflect on those lost and celebrate the unmatched strength of our community.
- Recommend to the Board of County Commissioners plans for a site, design, programming and ongoing maintenance needs for a permanent memorial, as well as funding solutions.
Expectations & Commitments:
- We respect and honor each other, the purity of each member’s intentions, their unique gifts, expertise and perspective.
- We will be on time, prepared, present, and participate actively.
- We will maintain an open mind and an open heart, and be unwaveringly compassionate.
- We will achieve our mission and goals.