Call for Artists: Maryland Parkway Fence Art
Request for Qualification
Applications due: Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 12:00 PM
Clark County Public Art is seeking two artists/art teams to create and install semi-permanent artwork. The artwork will be displayed on the chain-linked fences that are surrounding the Tropicana Wash along Maryland Parkway intersecting East Flamingo Road. The theme of the project will be transit and public transportation after the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Project for Maryland Parkway.
The deadline for submissions is Thursday, September 16 by 12:00 PM. A workshop is scheduled for Tuesday, September 7 at 10:00 AM led by a Clark County Public Art Administrator and an RTC Representative to explain in detail what the project is about. Finalists will be notified by September 28, 2021.
Applications must be submitted through CCPublicArt@ClarkCountyNV.gov
DATE: Tuesday, September 7, 2021
TIME: 10:00 AM PDT
EVENT SITE: https://tinyurl.com/54uu47ct
EVENT NUMBER: 2489 533 5351
EVENT PASSWORD: publicart
Maryland Parkway Fence Art call details (PDF)
Cover Letter (PDF)
Workshop Video (Youtube)
Call to Artist: Group Youth Public Art Project
Clark County Public Arts office is seeking up to six (6) professional artists to participate in a professional development and mentorship program that is intended for artists who are interested in public art but have never professionally worked in the field before. Artists will be selected through a competitive process to participate in collaboration meetings, to develop a concept for a temporary public art installation utilizing children's artwork, to develop a lesson plan for facilitating several workshops for youth at various county locations, and to create, deliver and install a traveling temporary public art installation. This program will run from November 2021 to July of 2022, but the majority of the time commitment will ideally be within a 45 to 60-day time frame. Each of the six artists will be compensated one-thousand three hundred and twenty-five dollars ($2,000) each. The budget includes scope of work, meetings with staff, install, and all necessary materials/supplies.
Pre Proposal Meeting Workshop: September 8, 2021 at 11 AM PST
Application Deadline: September 29, 2021 at 11 AM PST
Group Youth Public Art Project call details (PDF)
Group Youth Public Art Project application (PDF)
Workshop Video (YouTube)
Foster Care Promotion (exhibit opportunity) 605828-21
Request for Qualification
Deadline: September 16, 2021, at 3:00 pm PTD.
The commission shall not exceed $35,000
Check out the full RFQ here https://clarkcountynv.bonfirehub.com/
GOALS of the Exhibit
- To provide an exhibit that can be configured outdoors and then moved indoors that will give the viewer a visual understanding of the need for people to get involved and to continue the support of foster care in Clark County, including our foster parents.
- To provide artwork that can be repurposed as smaller versions to be displayed in various Clark County facilities.
Qualities of the applicant
- An individual or team that has experience in creating and exhibiting artwork that is either suited for outdoor venues, or interruptive exhibits, or whose body of work reflects a theme of foster care or adoption.
- An individual or team that can articulate their passion for being a part of this project by having strong advocacy skills.
- An individual or team that can communicate well. Can be comfortable in interviews and on video.
In addition, this year look for RFQs to release for Zap 11, Von Tobel Modular Building Vinyl Wrap Part 1, Von Tobel Park Sculpture Part 2, and Silverado Ranch Community Center Sculpture. To learn more about these projects check out the Art Committee Webpage.