In an effort to limit the potential exposure of the public and staff to the coronavirus, the Clark County Marriage License Bureau, Office of Civil Marriages and satellite offices in Henderson and Laughlin will be closed until further notice effective Wednesday, March 18.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please be aware that passports are processed by the U.S. Department of State. The County Clerk's Office performs in-person application review and acceptance before forwarding your documents to the U.S. Department of State for processing.
You are strongly encouraged to visit the U.S. Passports & International Travel website before making an appointment with our office. The following links provide important information that you need to know:
- How to Apply for a Passport - Passport wizard that will prepare you to apply for a U.S. passport, whether it's your first time applying, you need to renew, or you want to get a passport for your child.
- First Time Applicants – Covers the seven (7) important steps when applying for passport in person.
- Renew a Passport – We receive numerous calls regarding renewals; this is a service that we do not provide at our acceptance office as they are done by the passport holder through mail only.
- Children Under 16 - Every child regardless of age traveling overseas must have a valid passport. The child must be present. Both parents/guardians should appear with the child. If both parents/guardians cannot be present, see parental consent for additional document requirements.
- Children 16 & 17 - Children ages 16 and 17 with their own identification can apply for a passport by themselves. However, it is recommended that at least one parent appear in person with the child to identify him/her and to show parental awareness.
- Photo Requirements – While only one (1) is required, we request that you bring two (2) in case one becomes damaged. Our office does not have the ability to take photos on site – you must bring them with you.
- Processing Times (How Quickly Can I Get My Passport?) – Processing times vary, and expedited service is available. Based on your travel, review the options and determine what's best for you.
- The application fee must be paid in the form of check, money order or cashier's check only, made payable to "U.S. Department of State" (Passport Agency does not accept cash or credit card). Fee varies based on services requested.
- Clark County's passport processing execution fee is $35 (effective April 2, 2018) and can be paid by cash or credit card, or by check, money order or cashier's check made payable to "County Clerk". Please see our Fee Schedule.
Helpful Passport Links:
- U.S. Passports & International Travel - http://travel.state.gov
- Passport acceptance facilities (where to apply) - https://iafdb.travel.state.gov
- Passport forms - http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/forms.html
- Lost or stolen passports - http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/lost-stolen.html
- Passport FAQs - http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/FAQs.html