Applicants Sought for Town Advisory Boards, Citizens Advisory Councils

Clark County is currently accepting applications from residents interested in serving on their community advisory committee.

There are open seats on the Town Advisory Boards in Bunkerville, Indian Springs, Moapa, Mt. Charleston and Searchlight. There is also an opening on the Citizens Advisory Council in Mountain Springs.

Applicants must be eligible to vote, live within the area encompassed by the Town Advisory Board (TAB) or Citizens Advisory Council (CAC) for which they are applying, and attend annual training.

Applications are due by 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 21 and are available through and through the Clark County Administrative Services department, which can be reached by email at TAB and CAC secretaries also will have applications available.

The TAB and CAC appointments are expected to be made by the County Commission in March. Anyone appointed through this process would serve until January 2025.

The TABs and CACs serve an important advisory and liaison function relaying concerns and other important information between unincorporated towns and the County government. The boards and councils hold regular public meetings to discuss and make recommendations on long-term planning, zoning changes, public works projects, County programs and ordinances that may affect their town.


Clark County is a dynamic and innovative organization dedicated to providing top-quality service with integrity, respect and accountability.  With jurisdiction over the world-famous Las Vegas Strip and covering an area the size of New Jersey, Clark is the nation’s 11th-largest county and provides extensive regional services to 2.3 million citizens and 45.6 million visitors a year (2019). Included are the nation’s 8th-busiest airport, air quality compliance, social services and the state’s largest public hospital, University Medical Center. The County also provides municipal services that are traditionally provided by cities to 1 million residents in the unincorporated area. Those include fire protection, roads and other public works, parks and recreation, and planning and development.