The Clark County Department of Family Services (DFS) is the local child welfare agency that works to protect children from abuse and neglect. We do this by partnering with our community to build safe, nurturing and stable families, support family preservation when possible, and provide permanent families for those children who cannot safely return home and to ensure the well-being of children in our care.
- If you have an emergency please call 911.
- COVID-19 Essential Worker Flyer
- Mandated Reporter Tips - Virtual Contacts
To Learn More About Becoming a Foster Parent
- Email Countmein@ClarkCountyNV.gov
- Call (702) 455-0181
- Or visit the website www.CountMeIn.vegas
- Public Recruitment Effort, Click HERE
- Email DFSadoptions@ClarkCountyNV.gov
- Call 702-455-0800
- Or visit the website www.ClarkCountyNV.gov/adoption
Families First Prevention Services Act
Quality Parenting Initiative (QPI) Nevada
QPI is a strategy of the Youth Law Center. It is an approach to strengthen foster care by refocusing on excellent parenting for all children in the child welfare system.
- Current issue of the Caregiver Courier
- Click here for the 2020 Foster and Adoption Subsidies Payment Schedule.
- Click here for the 2020 Voluntary Jurisdiction Subsidy Payment Schedule.
The primary purpose of the DFS Facebook page is for outreach, recruitment, and retention of prospective and current caregivers. The comment section of the DFS Facebook is a not a public forum. All comments will be monitored. For further information, the Department Facebook Statement is available at the following link: Click here
The Clark County Department of Family Services is participating in a Title IV-E Federal Waiver which has allowed us to provide our DFS families with services that were not previously available to them.