Coronavirus Coping Tips
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control has created a section on its website devoted to mental health and coping with COVID-19 at https://www.vegasstrongrc.org/resources/covid-19-mental-health-resources/.
Everyone reacts differently to stressful situations. Signs you may be experiencing stress and anxiety include:
- Fear and worry about your own health and the health of your loved ones
- Changes in sleep or eating patterns
- Difficulty sleeping or concentrating
- Worsening of chronic health problems
- Worsening of mental health conditions
- Increased use of alcohol, tobacco or other drugs
Recommended ways to cope with stress include:
- Taking breaks from watching, reading or listening to news stories including social media
- Taking deep breaths, stretching and exercising regularly
- Eating healthy, well-balanced meals
- Connecting with people you love and trust
24-Hour Crisis Support Telephone Resources:
- Disaster Distress Helpline: Call 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746 to connect with a trained crisis counselor.
- Crisis Support Services of Nevada: Call 1-800-273-8255, or text CARE (2273) to 839863.