Listed below are the most common errors when recording documents. These errors may result in your document not being recorded.
- Incorrect margins and sizing
- Missing 11-digit Parcel Number
- (APN - Assessor's Parcel Number)
- Incorrect payment or payment not included
- No Return Address - Return to: Name and Address
- No Mail Tax Statements to: Name and Address
- Not Legible
- Name not printed below signature line
- Legal description incomplete or missing on Transfer of Deed
- Not including a Declaration of Value form when recording a document that transfers title
How do we deal with errors in your document submission?
Recording Requirements Rejection:
If your document does not meet the recording requirements, it will not be recorded. Your document will be returned to you with an explanation of the necessary changes.