Welcome to the home page for the Clark County Recorder’s Office. It is both a privilege and an honor to serve the citizens of Clark County as the Recorder.
The Recorder’s Office is focused on our mission, which is to promptly record, preserve, and provide access to public records in the most accurate, efficient, responsible and professional manner. [more]
Prevent Delays in Recording Your Document(s):
Ensure your document is ready to record by reviewing the most common errors. If your document does not meet the requirements, it will be rejected and returned without being recorded.
- Payment is incorrect
- Incorrect margins and sizing
- Land documents are missing 11-digit Parcel Number (APN - Assessor's Parcel Number)
- Not Legible
- No Return Address -- Return to: Name and Address
- No Mail Tax Statements to: Name and Address
- Name not printed below signature line
- Legal description incomplete or missing on Transfer of Deed
- Not including a DV and RPTT (transfer tax) form when recording your land document
View Document Requirements
Duties and Authority of the Clark County Recorder:
The duties and authority of the County Recorder are established by state law. The County Recorder records and indexes documents deposited in her office that are authorized, entitled or required by law to be recorded. The County Recorder collects the fees required by state law for the performance of her services. The Clark County Recorder is PROHIBITED from giving ANY legal advice, or to assist in document preparation. The Clark County Recorder is further restricted from determining legal rights and responsibilities of the parties to the documents that she records.