Office Holiday Closure
The Clark County Recorder's Office will be CLOSED on Thursday, November 26, 2020 and Friday, November 27, 2020 in observance of Thanksgiving Day and Family Day.
Normal business hours will resume on Monday, November 30, 2020. Click here for more information.
Message from the Recorder, Debbie Conway:
***** Important Update from Debbie Conway, Clark County Recorder *****
In response to the Pandemic and the Governor's restrictions, the County Management Executive team has implemented some additional measures in an attempt to keep our constituents and employees safe, and hopefully further curtail the spread of the virus. Therefore, the Clark County Government Center (the facility) will be closed to the public effective Tuesday, November 24, 2020 until further notice.
The Clark County Recorder’s main office, located within the Clark County Government Center, is continuing to record documents using remote procedures. Those processes are as follows:
- Electronic submission of documents (e-recording) will continue during business hours. The eRecording queue will be open Monday - Friday, 7:00AM - 4:00 PM.
- We will continue to accept documents through regular USPS, and other private carriers - such as FedEx, UPS, etc.
- Maps and bulk recording requests can be placed into the Recorder’s Office drop box. This drop box is now located inside the front entrance to the Government Center (off the Visitor’s parking lot), near the Commissioner’s Chambers. Items will be mailed back to the customer once they have been recorded. When the Maps or larger items have been recorded, they can be returned by calling 702-455-2062 and making arrangements with management for retrieval.
- Copies (both plain and certified) may be ordered online.
- Both Henderson and Northwest (Tenaya) Branch Offices are closed until further notice.
We have made adjustments to our resources to allow us to operate during the Pandemic. Therefore, we appreciate your patience as we stay focused on customer service by responding to your phone calls and returning your recorded documents as quickly as possible.
As the current situation regarding the Pandemic remains fluid, the Recorder’s Office will be offering the following options in order to contact us regarding recording your document(s):
- You may contact us by phone at 702-455-4336.
- We are also available to answer inquiries via email at RecWeb@ClarkCountyNV.gov regarding general recording questions.
- For questions related to ERecording, please email us at CCOReRec@ClarkCountyNV.gov.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Debbie Conway, MBA
Clark County Recorder
Welcome to the home page for the Clark County Recorder’s Office. It is both a privilege and an honor to serve the citizens of Clark County as the Recorder.
The Recorder’s Office is focused on our mission, which is to promptly record, preserve, and provide access to public records in the most accurate, efficient, responsible and professional manner. [more]
Prevent Delays in Recording Your Document(s):
Ensure your document is ready to record by reviewing the most common errors. If your document does not meet the requirements, it will be rejected and returned without being recorded.
- Payment is incorrect.
- Incorrect margins and sizing
- Land documents are missing 11-digit Parcel Number (APN - Assessor's Parcel Number)
- Not Legible
- No Return Address -- Return to: Name and Address
- No Mail Tax Statements to: Name and Address
- Name not printed below Signature
- Legal description incomplete or missing on Transfer of Deed
- Not including a DV and RPTT (transfer tax) form when recording your land document.
View Document Requirements
Duties and Authority of the County Recorder:
The duties and authority of the County Recorder are established by state law. The County Recorder records and indexes documents deposited in her office that are authorized, entitled or required by law to be recorded. The County Recorder collects the fees required by state law for the performance of her services. The County Recorder is not authorized to give legal advice. The County Recorder is not authorized to determine legal rights and responsibilities of the parties to the documents that she records.