Last Revised July 28, 2021
CLICK HERE FOR AN FPCA TO FILL-IN, SAVE, AND PRINT (PDF).
The Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) has more information.
Military and overseas voters must submit an FPCA
EACH CALENDAR YEAR
in which they wish to receive a mail ballot.
REGISTER TO VOTE AND RECEIVE A MAIL BALLOT
Use the "Federal Post Card Application" (FPCA)
To register to vote and receive a mail ballot, military personnel and their dependents (spouse and/or children over 18) temporarily living outside of the state of Nevada, and Clark County residents living overseas should submit a “Federal Post Card Application” (FPCA) instead of the standard Registration Application.
DEADLINES FOR SUBMITTING THE FPCA
FPCA Submittal Due Dates
June 7, 2022, Due Date for Postal Mail, E-Mail, and Fax Submittals to the Clark County Election Department: Military and overseas residents must submit an FPCA sent by postal mail, e-mail, or fax to the Clark County Election Department for the June 14, 2022 State/Federal Primary Election no later than June 7, 2022 (postmark date) to register to vote or update an existing registration and to request a mail ballot.
June 14, 2022, Due Date for Submittals by Computer Using the System Established by the Secretary of State, known as EASE: Military and overseas residents must submit an FPCA sent by e-mail or fax for the June 14, 2022 State/Federal Primary Election no later than June 14, 2022 (transmission date using EASE) to register to vote or update an existing registration and to request a mail ballot. More information about EASE may be found on the Secretary of State's website.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR COMPLETED FPCA TO THE CLARK COUNTY ELECTION DEPARTMENT
FPCA Submission Options (Choose Only One)
- Postal Mail: Mail your completed and signed FPCA directly to:
Clark County Election Dept.
Mail Ballot Section
P.O. Box 3910
Las Vegas, NV 89127-3910
- Fax: Fax your completed and signed FPCA directly to the Clark County Election Department at (702) 455-7424.
- E-Mail: SCAN your completed and signed FPCA. Include the scanned FPCA as an attachment to an e-mail, with the subject line "Official Nevada FPCA". Send it to one of the following addresses:
- DIRECT to the Clark County Election Department at eballotrequest@ClarkCountyNV.gov
- FVAP electronic transmission service at firstname.lastname@example.org
When to Expect Your FPCA Mail Ballot
The mailing of ballots for military and overseas voters starts 45 days before Election Day. If you do not receive yours at least 10 days before Election Day, IMMEDIATELY contact the Clark County Election Department. Do not delay as short timeframes will make it difficult for you to receive, vote, and return a mail ballot by 7:00 p.m. on Election Day.
DEADLINES FOR VOTED BALLOTS
Voted FPCA Mail Ballot Due Dates and Times
Due dates for your voted FPCA mail ballot vary according to how you send it:
- Postal Mail: Voted mail ballots must be postmarked on or before Election Day and received by the Election Department on or before the seventh day after Election Day.
- Electronic Transmission (E-Mail or Fax): The Election Department must RECEIVE electronically transmitted voted FPCA mail ballots no later than 7:00 p.m. on Election Day in order for them to be counted.
QUESTIONS AND RESOURCES
Questions for the Clark County Election Department
If you have any questions, please contact the Election Department at (702) 455-6552 or send an e-mail to eballotrequest@ClarkCountyNV.gov.
Resources from the FVAP
For more detailed information, go to the applicable Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) website:
- Military: Information for persons who are active-duty members of the Armed Forces, Merchant Marine, Public Health Service, NOAA, or spouses or children over 18 of one of the above.
- Overseas Voters (Other Than Military): Information for persons who are U.S. citizens living outside the U.S. for work, school, etc.
- FVAP detailed information on Nevada.